Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
orcsoul
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:00 pm   

Question about Auto-roll scripts...

I'm not experienced with zMUD's scripting interface very well, I can do extremely basic aliases and triggers... but anything beyond that and I don't even know where to start... So I have two questions...

[39] Cmds: help, end, roll, add, rem>

A MUD I have recently started playing uses this line to determine how many points you have to allocate between stats.. [39] Being the current roll... with a line break after the > I"d like to create an autoroller for this, but haven't the slightest idea of where to start... which brings me to my questions... if someone would be so kind as to refer me to some good entry level documentation outside of the zMUD documentation which seems to be difficult for me, and if someone would be so kind as to write up a simple roller and explain the steps involved in it... Say a min roll of 50 for the auto-roll process to end?

On an unrelated note... is zMapper just zMUD's built in mapper made separate from zMUD? Or does it have added functionality, etc?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:37 am   Re: Question about Auto-roll scripts...

1. The Support Library reached through the Support link on this page. You should also check the Getting Started portion of the helpfile.

2. This sounds like a pretty basic trigger to me. Check the number, if it's under 50 then roll.
Code:
#TR {~[(%d)~] Cmds: help, end, roll, add, rem} {#IF (%1 < 50) {roll} {#BEEP}}

3. It's not zMUD's mapper. It's a separate program with additional functionality.

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: