Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Thurlingdrome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:09 am   

Link style problems

Having a little trouble trying to get zMapper to generate the sort of maps I'm after. I'd like to make a lot of use of very broad-looking links between rooms (grey streets, brown forest paths - similar to the style on one of the example screenshots). However, I'm finding that when I set the links to be that wide, the rounded ends are displayed over the boxes of the rooms at either end.

I've had a good look through all the options, help pages and tutorials, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere that tells you how to make it display the room boxes on top...

T.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:08 pm   

Hmm, that's very strange. What version of Windows are you using? On my system, the ends of the links are flat and not round.
Thurlingdrome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:28 pm   

Win98SE.

A bit of experimentation - when I load up the Sunless Citadel example map that's bundled along with it, a lot of the map doesn't display properly, and again there are quite a lot of these rounded links appearing.

T.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:54 pm   

The problem is with Win98. The GDI routines in Win98 do not support flat line caps. You need Windows 2000 or Windows XP if you want to play with thick links like this. There's nothing I can do about this I'm afraid. It's one of the many small differences between the GDI used in Win95/98/SE and Windows 2000/XP that they improved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: