Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
SpooN Foy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:35 am   

Mapper Overwrite Question, PLEASE help.,.,.,

i am currently using zMUD v7.05 on Windows XP, and i use the mapper that comes with 7.05, not zMAPPER. okay, check it out. i autoconfigured my mapper, and mapped out about half my mud. (6k some odd rooms, oi) and realized, "hey, this is wrong, my mapper isnt capturing room desc's." now, it took me a couple weeks to even get this far, and id HATE to have to go back. i have all the rooms mapped, but all the desc's are wrong. is there a way to set my mapper to overwrite room desc's when i walk into them, or do i have to jus' erase the map and start ALLLLLLL over?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:39 am   

Sure there is a way. You have to use %roomload to set the reload flag for descriptions. A simple loop should do it. You will have to be in map mode for this loop; and may have to be in map mode when walking about, so make sure your configuration is good.
#LOOP %numrooms {#NOOP %roomload(%mapvnum(%i),2)}
SpooN Foy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:54 pm   

omg... Vijilante, you are my &#$%!*@ HERO! works like a CHARM, and you jus' saved me HOURS upon HOURS of work. dont let anyone tell you that it aint a good thing that you do here. ;)
Andymedae
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:59 pm   

This solves a problem of mine as well. However I would like to set both the name and description. The help says:

"Return or set the Reload flag of the room to i. Three different values can be reloaded: Name, Description, Exitinfo. Use a value with bit 1 assigned to name, bit 2 assigned to description, and bit 3 assigned to exit. So, a value of 7 (all three bits set) will set all three flags."

What I get is: 1 => name, 2 => description, 4 => exits all as advertised.

but 3, 5 and 7 => name only and 6 => description only.

is this a bug or am I missing something?
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:20 am   

It looks like a bug to me. It seems that %roomload won't let you set more than one thing to be reloaded at a time. You can't even use it multiple times to set each one separately. You know what to do, report it to Zugg.
Andymedae
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:18 pm   

I tried option 3. When I looked at the option tab for a room's properties it showed only "Room Name" would be reloaded.

However as I moved from room to room both the room name and description were picked up. Sweet.

I was slightly disapointed by one thing. If I slow walked a path, names and descriptions were not picked up. Not a biggee though.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:30 pm   

The help on that needs some updating, and more examples. Please use the bug tracking system to report it. Also report any other help topics you find to be lacking.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:04 pm   

I ca't get it to reload the room names or the room descriptions no matter what I try! Here's my problem: some zones of the mud I play have been edited - sometimes the capitalisation of the room names and sometimes the room descriptions have been changed, but the room exits are still the same. In order for the mapper to confirm the movement, I have to switch on Force entry into this room for the entire area. Then I switch on Reload Names or Reload Descriptions, but they aren't updated (in Map Creation mode)!

My map settings work fine normally when exploring unmapped areas, but my #LOOK command doesn't work (probably due to no Exits when you press look). Could this be something to do with it? I'd rather not have to delete 900 odd rooms and start again!

Also, I noticed the bug described above is not in the Bug Tracker...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: