Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:10 am   

Surprise! zMUD version 7.10 has been released!

OK, I'm sure that nobody was expecting this... Cool

I have always said that the work on zApp would have a positive impact on zMUD, and here is the result. zMUD version 7.10 has as-you-type spellchecking on the command line, and it no longer uses MDAC/Jet for the character and MUD databases!

This means fewer people should have trouble initially running zMUD. Although you'll still need a proper MDAC/Jet installation to use the mapper. SQLite is now used for the character and mud databases, via the ZeosLib database library that I use in zApp.

Also, spell checking is only available in the command line, not the built-in editor. The editor uses a custom component that handles ANSI color and putting spell checking into that will be a lot more work.

While I was messing around, I also fixed a lot of bugs from the bug tracking system. See the Version History for all of the details. I ignored most of the new-feature requests and focused on bugs that were easy to fix. Hopefully your favorite bug has been fixed.

This new version also uses the new install program from NullSoft, which should fix the problem people were having with the old WISE uninstaller.

Finally, the new zMUD file is compressed, so it's a smaller download and zMUD starts faster!

Even though it's marked as a Public release, treat this as a Beta. PLEASE make a backup of your files before using this version. With all of the database format changes, it's possible there are some serious errors. Please post any serious bugs to a NEW TOPIC POST. If all looks good in a couple of days, then I'll remove the old 7.05 version from the site.

OK, now if you are still reading this and are really excited about zMUD, maybe you can help me out. I've always said that zMUD upgrades are free, and that is still true. However, future development of zMUD will depend heavily on sales generated by this new version. So, if you want to continue to see more new versions of zMUD in the future, donate to Zuggsoft by purchasing a new zMUD license. The more people who purchase a license for this new version, the higher priority I'll give to doing new versions. Either buy zMUD via the Purchase menu above, or send PayPal donations to zugg@zuggsoft.com.

Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy this new version!

(btw, you can download it in the Downloads/zMUD area of the site)

Last edited by Zugg on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:55 am   

:P did NOT see that coming XD
Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:48 am   

Wohoooooo! This is really great! *bounces around* Mr. Green
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:13 am   

Crikey! That croc sure crept up very quiet, didn't it.

Three woot's for Zugg.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:57 pm   

*cheers*
Does seem slightly quicker. Maybe that's just my enthusiasm making it feel quicker though ;)

Thanks
jolopez
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:37 pm   

what is the meaning of as you type spellchecking
how can i check it?
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:49 pm   

jolopez:

It meeans that when youre typeeng in the command line, you get little underlines beneath mispeeled wyrds.

Just right-click the word and it gives you replacement options for that misspelled word.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:53 pm   

Very nice, especially since I had sent an email askign for a spellchecker and was told it'd be at least next year until we saw one with the zApp thingy. So, thank you for adding that sooner than I expected. :)

Long live zMud!
jolopez
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:09 pm   

i thought it was something related to spells not to the spelling, but this is good too :D
where can i find other dictionarys? spanish for example?
jolopez
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:17 pm   

i have find it :D
zmud uses the addictive software with some control called thesaurus (i think is it :D)
so there are the url to download it

http://www.addictivesoftware.com/dicts.htm
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:39 am   

You can also get dictionaries from the zApp section of this web site. Go to Downloads/zApp/Dictionaries. zMUD doesn't use the Thesaurus, so you don't need that file.
Orang
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:17 pm   

very nice zugg :) its cool
only one thing about it ... it doesnt have that huge built-in mudlist from the mudconnector
Orang
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:18 pm   

oops... i just had to update the mud information .... lol sorry
Embarassed Embarassed
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:16 pm   

It includes the latest MUD connector info in the MUDLIST.TXT file, which should be converted to the database format the first time you run zMUD from a fresh install. If it didn't convert the mud list, then it might be related to the bug with zsConvert.exe that is discussed in another thread.
Orang
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:23 pm   

ok i'm not complaining or anything, just tyring to help you fix these things:

i was trying to do the 'send feedback' thing, and it says: Class TNMSMTP not found.,
then at that thing that is supposed to take you here, it just tries to take you to the old forum, which isnt around any more
and on the 'check for new version' thing... it says: The latest version of zMUD is: 7.05 You are running version: 7.10

sorry if i sound... gripey.. i just thought i'd let you know Cool
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:37 pm   

I didn't update the version that is checked by the "Check for new version..." because I didn't want thousands of people downloading a potentially buggy version yet. The new version is only available via the forums and not yet available via the Check for Update menu.

Thanks for reporting the bad forum link in zMUD...I'll take a look at that. The Feedback option doesn't work if your SMTP mail server isn't set up or if it requires authentication.

In any case, please post actual bug reports to a NEW topic in the forums. This topic is just for the v7.10 announcement and not for bug reports.
Orang
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:40 pm   

ok sure ill do that
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: