Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:32 pm   

Documentation on Zeus Objects

I've added an article on Zeus Objects to the documentation site:

http://www.emobius.com/zeus/zeus_objects.htm

This document gives an overview of how Zeus Objects work, how they relate to normal COM objects, and how you can override them in your application.

Note that some of the examples might not work in the current release of Zeus since I've made some changes and fixed some bugs and haven't just uploaded the new core Zeus engine that I'm using right now. But the article should still give those developers who are interested a better understanding of how Zeus works and how you'll be able to override stuff using your own objects as plugins.

Yeah, I wasn't planning any more documentation, but it turns out that I needed to clarify how this should all work in my own mind. Yesterday when I implemented my SMTP object I did it the "old" way and created a normal COM object rather than creating a new core Zeus object. So today I'm rewriting yesterdays SMTP code a bit.

I'm still getting used to doing things the "zeus" way where you can define objects in your ZML file and let people override them with their own objects.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: