Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:44 pm   

Funky Zmud install

Im tryen to install zmud at work (its ok i can, work graveyards, and have all the free time in the world.)

Anyway, The new zmud install wants to change something in the settings inwich i need to be a admin for. Rather then have to track down the admin and wait for them to install it for me. (god only knows how long that could take.) Is there a way to get zmud to run from an .exe with out haven to install or some other fix. also I have registered my zmud, and paid for it. Can i use my code from my work station , or do i need to buy anouther one?

Thanks
Complex
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:02 pm   

The problem is not ZMud, it is the network OS. The admin has set it so that a user cannot switch settings, which pretty much means no installing of software. I have this problem at work too and we can't even install Flash and Adobe updates. The only solution is to see if the admin is okay with you installing it and he/she will have to give you permission to change/add settings.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:35 pm   

Actually, you need admin priveleges in order to install zMUD and run it the first time in order for the eLicense copy protection to get installed properly. There isn't any way to run zMUD without installing it with admin privs unfortunately.

Your reg code can be installed on up to 3 different computers, so that's no problem.
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:39 pm   

Thank you for the clarifacation, @ more questions, Can I have Zmud Running on 2 different stations, (i leave the one at home scripting one mud. Then play a second at work. Or only one Pc on at a time? Second. Is there an OLD ver. of zmud that I can use while I come up with a neet way to explain to my ISD dept. why I need this program installed on my station. I dont know how to mud without Zmud anymore Laughing

Thanks
Complex
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:35 pm   

yes you can have it at home botting the mud, and have it on at worke playing something else or another char
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:30 am   bah

Well thats a pisser... all other mud clients thats run strait from an .exe with out changen my system stettings at work SUCK... THEY SUCK BAD! There has to be another way. Sorry about the tone of the note, i just worked a 12 hr shift as the only warm body in a hospital resource dept. I had 2 calls all night, and i finished my book 4 hrs into the shift. GRRR... Anyone have any suggestions. (I had to telnet tonight) It was better then Gmud I HATE that thing. ok im done pissen and maoning, There must be some way to make this work? I have anouther 12 tomarrow, and sat. I would love to be able to mud like Zugg intended it. Laughing
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:24 pm   

Take a laptop to work with you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: