Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Eowyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:34 pm   

#teleporting to last confirmed room if speedwalk fails?

I currently have my map in FAST mode (and want to continue with that) - however - is there any way to #teleport my map position back to the last confirmed position if my speedwalk should somehow fail?

Example:
I'm spamming through a zone.
In mid-spam a bear hits me, but my position on the map is already far past the bear.

Can I trigger off the "No way! You're fighting for your life!" message to teleport back to the last roomname I saw (i.e. the room the bear hit me in)?

Since all the roomnames are written in cyan color, I tried triggering off words in cyan, and doing
#var confirmedposition {%mapvnum( )}

And then I made a trigger to go off on the "No way!" message to
#teleport @confirmedposition

Unfortunately, this doesn't work, since lag will mean that I get the cyan roomname while my mapperposition is far ahead.
This could of course easily be fixed if all roomnames were unique, but they're not.
Any suggestions?

(And yes, I know #find should have been the simplest and best solution, but the newer versions of Zmud don't recognize roomnames when they come after a prompt, which they always are when I'm in a hurry.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: