Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
D_Master
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:36 pm   

automapper feature request?

I love zMud. The whole reason why I started using it was because of the automapper. Being a visual person, when I can see the area or zone that I am in everything sort of clicks in for me.
Anyways, I have been working on building some areas for www.falserealites.com and sometime last year got a script that would allow me to export an zone's rooms including descriptions, exits, and titles to an Merc 2.0 area file then with a bit of java importing magic I can import that file into our CoffeeMud codebase Mud. This has really sped up the process.
One observation I have made though, and after searching around for a time on these boards and checking the FAQ, I wanted to know if it was possible to have the map creation tool just be selectable rather then having it return to the pointer option after placeing a room or a link. As it works now, I select the room tool, place the room then have to click on the room tool again to place another room. It would be extreamly handy to just have it stay on the room tool until I select something else.
I am not sure if this is available in zMapper, but I am really not sure even if the script would work for that. I know that Zugg is working currently on his new project, but perhaps my request might be added to the next version of zMud?
Anyway thank you for listening!
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:26 am   

In the zMud mapper window:
I thought this was possible by just holding down on the Ctrl key, but after testing it appears to only work like this...

<Ctrl + Shift> then select the room creation tool. This keeps focus on the tool for multi-room creation.

Edit: Should also mention that under the Tools menu, you can enable 'Keyboard creation' to create a map with the number pad. This would automatically create links between rooms as you move around and probably be a bit faster than even placing individual rooms with the room creation tool.
D_Master
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:08 am   

Well color me stupid. I was doing the same thing, Attempting to use CRTL or ALT or even Shift to keep focus on a tool...but never thought to try CRTL+Shift together. And the keyboard creation is a help but most times I am working on a laptop which doesn't have the number pad conviently on the right-hand side. But thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: