Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
beachhunt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:42 am   

skipping lines while logging

I would like to have zMud *not* log certain text, but log everything else... Right now, I basically #gag and #show anything I want it not to log, and make sure it logs after triggers... This seems to work, but I'm sure it's not that great a solution. Is there a better way to do this? Or is even worth finding a cleaner method? =)
beachhunt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:09 am   

ok, well it worked twice, but since then the line is logged regardless... so I don't need a "better" solution than what I tried, so much as a "working" solution =)
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:24 am   

don't bother with #show, just #gag what you don't want logged.
beachhunt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:45 am   

right, but then I don't SEE it =) I'd still like to see all the text, just skip certain lines when logging. maybe I'll just write a script to get rid of them later once the logs are done..........
Mike Z Red
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:52 am   

I don't have zMud in front of me to play with & test things (goofing off at work), but in looking at the online help files, you might check out the #LO command (without parameters), which toggles logging on/off.

You might be able to turn logging off when the line is received and turn it on on the following line... I don't know though, as I said, not in front of zMud.
beachhunt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:05 am   

I did see the #lo command, but for some reason couldn't quite put together how to make sure that turning logging off didn't occur before the line was already logged... I guess since it logs after triggers, that's not even an issue =) thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Theragil
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:28 pm   

Funny, I wish I could do it the other way around, let me log things and not have to see them, so I could review a full transcript of a fight (to figure out what I did wrong) but not be distracted by all the spam during the actual fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: