Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
steveo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:56 pm   

cant see a map, rooms are there, just cant see

ive got a big zone made, and al the rooms are there in the spreadsheet view but i cant see a map. It was fine, then i move one room, and created a new zone for it and when i left the new zone and went back to the old one i couldnt see the map. like I said the rooms are there it even follows me with the right room names and #find works i just cant see a map.
steveo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:31 pm   

I'm very new to zmud, the version im using is 7.05
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:45 am   

Two things jump to my mind which may or may not be obvious to a new user.

First is your window may be "rolled up" ala Mac OS8. I've never seen this feature in another Windows program... Look for a ^ next to the _ and X in the title bar.

Second is if you do see your window, but you're looking at a blank area of the map. Try pressing Ctrl-Q to center on the current room?
steveo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:21 pm   

Niether of those suggestions worked. All of the rooms are in the spreedsheet view and the map screen is there, all of my other zones work. here is how it happened; I moved one room to a new zone, created a new zone, mapped it, then when I went back to the old zone it was gone. well i guess not gone i just cant see a map, it follows me with the room names and #find changes lvls etc. just no map on the screen[V]
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:49 pm   

I've never experienced a problem like that with the Mapper... I'd play around with the view settings - zoom in and out, check the colors, etc. Last case, I'd delete the malfunctioning zone and rebuild it... if it's not too big already.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:36 pm   

Make sure you are on the right level (up/down).
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:20 pm   

Also make sure your displaying the right portion of the map. There is a 'reset' or such in the zone or view menu. You can use that to get the map to recalculate the display area, fix the scroll bars, and put the viewed portion somewhere within the bounds of the map rooms.
steveo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:03 am   

did eveything you guys said, nothing worked. it is a very large zone and i really hate to delete it is there a way to rebuild it from the spreedsheet? also after playing around with it when i click in the empty area i can create a link that goes off the screen to the left, but the map will not center and refresh didnt help. seems like the map is far left and i cant scroll that far
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:18 pm   

Could be you have a single unlinked room far from the main block of rooms. Hence the not being able to see the main block and a single block is hard to spot. Open the spreadsheet and try looking at the offset values (right side, No zmud in front of me so I can't remember em exactly)
Find one that is signifigantly diff then the rest and center on it to see if its all alone in the middle of nowhere and then nuke(delete or move(deleting be quicker)) it :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: