Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Raine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:05 am   

Possible Feature Request: #FIND

This may or may not already be implemented within Zmud - hence the "possible" in the subject title. If it can already be done, then if someone could enlighten me as to how I would be very grateful. It is to do with the mapper and the #FIND command.

When I am just normally spamming around with the mapper turned on, everything runs smooth as I could ever want. Even when the prompt comes up in annoying places like the following example:
quote:

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > s
s
The Blighted Copse
[ obvious exits: N E S ]

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > Outside the Grim Copse
[ obvious exits: N E ]

(Note the prompt is on the same line as the room name for "Outside the Grim Copse".)

Anyways, it isn't spamming around which is the problem. I have the Perl Regex pick up my prompt no problem. But, if I enter the #FIND command it doesn't fare so well. Any time the prompt comes up on the same line as the room name, the #FIND command fails. It usually takes a few tries in order to get it to have a clear line for the room name.

So, unless there is already some existing way to do this, I would like to request that the prompt be taken into account in the #FIND command the same way it is used when entering directions.

On a side note, Zmud is turning into a real work of art. Fantastic program. A pleasure to use. Unfortunately though, I have a tendency to play absolutely horrifically whenever I play from a computer without Zmud installed. [:I]

Raine Damascus, player of The Wheel of Time MUD
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:52 am   

In your Mapper config under room sections make sure Room name at end of line is checked (not sure if this works with #FIND though)
Bromax
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:20 pm   

I've been trying to work on this forever....this is what I've tried:

http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16341

let me know if you have any more success than I have.
Raine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:24 am   

Yeah, I have the end of line option checked. I imagine that's why everything works fine when I enter a direction, no matter where the prompt ends up. It's only when using the #FIND command that things don't work out the way I'd like. I don't think #FIND actually takes prompts into account.

Thanks for the link though Bromax.

And wow, this forum really fills up. Just posted this the other day and already it's knocked back several pages. I guess that means this feature request will be buried amongst the throng... :( Thanks for the help though guys, unfortunately though it didn't solve much.
Bromax
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:04 pm   

A new thought on this....I have this script that I got off the forums here that identifies which room I fled into:

#CLASS {FleeScript}
#VAR Flee {FoundRoomNameYou flee head over heels.}
#TRIGGER "FleeTrig" {^You flee head over heels.$} {Flee=""}
#COND {^(*)$} {
Flee.Found=""
Flee.RoomName=%replace( "%1", "'", "''")
#PRIORITY {#FORALL %roomexit {#FORALL %roomlink( ,%i) {#IF (%ismember( %j, %mapquery( {Name = '@Flee.RoomName'}))) {#ADDITEM Flee.Found %j}}}}
#IF (%numitems( @Flee.Found)=1) {
#SAY Room Found Teleporting
#TELEPORT @Flee.Found
} {#IF (%numitems( @Flee.Found)>1) {
#SAY Multi Rooms Found Teleporting to First
#TELEPORT %item( @Flee.Found, 1)
} {#SAY No Connecting Rooms Found}}
} {within|param=1}
#CLASS 0

This works even with the prompt problem that we have...could somebody REALLY smart *cough*nexela,LightBulb*cough* help with modifying this to take over the function of the #find command?

Thanks

-Bromax
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:54 pm   

You could try something like this but it could also be vawy vawy baaaaaahhd also untested

#TR "PromptCr" {>(*)} {#IF (!%null(%1)) {#SUB {>%{cr}%1}}} "" {nocr|prompt}

Version 2 better matching theory AKA untested 2

#TR "PromptCr" {>(*)} {#IF (%pos("HP:",%line)) {#IF (!%null(%1)) {#SUB {>%{cr}%1}}}} "" {nocr|prompt}
Raine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:58 pm   

Meh... Those scripts give me a headache just looking at them. :P Here's what I did anyway. Not quite so fancy, but it's really all I was after I think. The solution is local to WoTMUD though.

All I did was set the #FIND command to enter 'l' instead of 'look'. Then I enter 'alias l look' into the mud. Ok WotMUD this means that entering the 'l' command will cause the mud to display '[look ]' with a new line before showing the room name. Voila, the room name is always on a new line.

PS: Please refrain from taunting my half-assed solution. :)
Bromax
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:26 pm   

Hmmmm...tried it and it does put the room name on a new line every time...only problem is that #find correctly functions about one out of 5 times for me......you got this working Raine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: