Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
bozo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:42 pm   

Buttons not displayed in Settings Editor

Hi,

Just upgraded to Version 7.05 from 6 and imported my old .mud file.
Having clicked on the ICON for the character I get a dialog box stating that 'Bitmap Image is not valid'

The mud file must have an invalid entry for a bitmap file (on a button) that no longer exits on my system.

The problem is that this causes the buttons and guages not to be displayed, when I use the setting editor to change a button and save it most of the buttons are displayed.

The one with the missing bitmap however is not displayed, and does not show in the settings editor either. Catch 22...

The only way would appear to edit the mud file directly. If I knew the data format for a button entry then I could search and edit it manually.

Any help appreciated
bozo
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:01 am   

Try exporting your settings to text. You can then copy out the line for that button, make your edits; and simply enter the new version at the command line to fix the button.
bozo
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:49 am   

Did try this, but just to make sure tried the text export again, openeded up the settings editor and selected file export text.. from the menu. The file created is always 0 bytes.
Serentus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:03 am   

Exporting that way only exports whats selected. A better way to export everything is from the main window select settings->export
bozo
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:29 pm   

Thanks Serentus now I have the output.

From the output I see what the problem is.

Each button when created is given a unique ID by ZMUD but in order to be displayed in the Setting Editor the text field must be filled in even if the button is a bitmap. This is why I can't see them, not all my buttons have the text field filled in (Its not compulsory).

Just edited the exported button entry settings to add a space for the text desceriptions they now all show up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: