Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dan_Bradley
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:53 pm   

Map Speedwalk Trigger

I want a script that will make speed walk aliases via some data it recieves.

When I type the command: Where , I will see

Players in your Zone
--------------------
Bob - Across Arid Lands
Fred - Beyond the Flats
Joe - Beside the Basin
Jack - The Abysmal Dunes

What I would -like- it to do :) Is do a #find to set my position on the map and save a speed walk to each of those Room names and the alises should be "gotojack" "gotobob" etc. The idea is, I will be able to do where type gotoname and it will spam me to them.

I have all the rooms mapped, so there shouldn't be a problem of it not finding the room I want to go to.
Zener
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:20 am   

Very dangerous if your mud has Death Traps or if there are nasty mobs en route.

The way you describe this, I don't think that this is probable unless you only use WHERE from the same location every time and already have aliases setup to speedwalk from that room to the room Bob or Fred are in. In which case you wouldn't type gotobob, but something like gotoaal. (Goto Across Arid Lands, for example)

~Zener
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:08 am   

It can be done with a few exceptions and I would guide you on the right path but Im tired maybe if I remember to check tommorow I might write you a script. Until then search the forums there are lots of examples of things that can be done but keep these in mind.

All Deathtrap/Aggro mobs should have DO not enter checked
If your roomnames repeat more than once for differant rooms it work work (in 90% of the cases)
#FIND will not work if roomnames/descs repeat

If most of your rooms have unique names and aggro/dts are flagged do not enter then its possible to do
Dan_Bradley
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:55 pm   

Thanks for help nex, you helped me last time I had a question :)

Yeah, well the rooms have unique names and description, apart from the northern bit of the mud, but im likely not to be using it there. The DT are all mapped and have the DO not enter flag checked, so thats fine.

Obviously, some rooms are like "Blah Road" and are all the same, I understand it wouldn't work for those. But it would be handy even if it only worked 50% of the time on a few of the unique rooms, dotted around.

As for agroing mobs, you could kill them and type "Where" again, it re #finds and then you have a new alias to use to speedwalk to person. Yeah?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:12 pm   

Simple search that should get you started http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15658&SearchTerms=mapper%2Cwhere
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: