Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Zugg Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:46 am
Zeus/eMobius PREORDER Released!!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:02 pm   

Remember that Windows has bugs with Stay On Top Windows, so that's still always going to be an issue. I think the calculator application is already marked with the window as "stay on top" (check the properties in the <window> tag for the main window...does it say StayOnTop='true'?)

So, I think it is already supposed to stay on top and if it doesn't then thats the Windows bugs happening.

As far as a button on the caption bar to toggle that, that is more part of the "theme" you are using. The Theme system supports a number of buttons in the caption bar, such as StayOnTop, Rollup, Minimize to System Tray, etc. But to get a button for that to appear on the caption, you need to put that into the Theme. I'll post a link to the ThemeBuilder application that is available for free, but you can also look for a pre-defined Windows XP theme that has this button.

For example, if you select the "Aqua" theme that is built into Zeus, you'll see a Rollup button appear on the left side of the caption bar next to the system menu. That button was added because it's in the Aqua theme.

You can control the caption bar buttons using the "buttons" attribute in the <window> tag, but all it can do is add/subtract buttons that are already part of the theme. It can't add a Stay On Top button unless the graphics for that button are defined in the theme.

In zMUD, I kludged all of this by forcing my own particular graphics for the extra buttons. For the Stay On Top button I had a white pin on a blue background. Well, this was great for default themes but looks horrible on other WinXP themes. Zeus is much more compliant and standardized regarding Theme support than zMUD. So I can't just hard code the icons for extra buttons, I have to allow the Theme itself to provide the graphics for this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: