Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zerboxx

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:35 pm   

Wanting a trigger, possible IF involved...

Hello, I'm new to zMUD and I'm slowly learning from scripts I'm already using, but I don't know how to do this:
For starters, I'm playing Achaea, if that makes any difference...
When I enter a certian room it give the title of the room as: "Forested lakeshore." (without quotes) and I wish that whenever I see that (therefore a trigger use) it performes the following action "perceive".
Achaea then shows: "You discern that this location is the Grove of ..." (usually more than 1 line).
IF that output from Achaea is a specific one (ie those ... are "Mr. T") I want it to display HOME!! In bright red letters.
To make things a bit more fun, I wish that Achaean output (you discern...) to be gagged.
Is this easy/hard and if anyone can help me, that would be wonderful!
Thanks!Smile
xenapan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:24 pm   

that doesnt seem very hard. i think that the first part is easy. a pattern matching trigger #tr {Forested lakeshore}{perceive} then the second trigger #tr {You discern that this location is the Grove of Mr. T} {#co red} try that and see how it works.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:33 pm   

#TR {^Forested Lakeshore} {perceive}
#TR {You discern that this location is the Grove of} {#GAG}
#TR {You discern that this location is the Grove of Mr. T} {#SUB %ansi( hi,red) HOME!!;#UNGAG}
Zerboxx

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:52 pm   

I like how I make things more difficult for myself...
I put LightBulb's code in, and the first trigger is perfect, goes off without a hitch.
The 2nd and 3rd trigger there are some problems:
Anytime I type perceive it now gags that portion in the trigger, so I only want it to gag it when it runs the 1st trigger (so if I'm in another room, I can 'perceive', and it wont gag it).
Also the 3rd trigger I didn't understand much to be honest, the {#SUB...} portion had an error in it at the "( hi," bit. So I changed that section to to {#ECHO HOME!!;#UNGAG} thinking that it may work, but it didn't. Any ideas?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:50 pm   

Yes, I thought it was pretty stupid to gag all your perceives but it's the kind of mistake that doesn't take long to notice.
#TR {^Forested Lakeshore} {perceive}
#COND {You discern that this location is the Grove of} {#GAG} {Within|Param=1}
#TR {You discern that this location is the Grove of Mr. T} {#SUB {%ansi( hi,red) HOME!!};#UNGAG}
Zerboxx

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:23 am   

Thanks LightBulb!
Works like a charm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: