Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mega_
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:56 am   

Problem with slow walking

Okay.. ran into this problem.. If i execute a path with #slow command while mapper is in fastwalk mode, it will still execute it in fastwalk mode... why?
I kind of got it working by switching the walk mode with %walkmode function and by changing alot of my mapper conf manually, but that will conflict with my other scripts and is not really a solution.

Basically what i want to do is this: follow a path room by room and stop in some rooms to do pick up stuff etc..

Any ideas?
Thanks
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:16 pm   

From what I've read in the help files on speedwalking, I'd say you can do this very nicely with room scripts or walk scripts. Just put your trigger message in the particular room you want to stop in and use the #PAUSE command to stop your speedwalk and just #STEP when you're ready to move on again.
mega_
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:45 am   

Help files? i am quite good at reading those thanks :) Like i stated, the problem is it executes path in FASTwalk mode, how am i supposed to #pause if it sends entire path to mud before getting to next room?
Insomniac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:55 am   

I also have virtually exactly the same problem as this.

I'd be interested to see anyones input.

-=Insomniac=-
mega_
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:09 pm   

*bump* does anyone have any clue about this? All i'd want is slow command to work in fastwalk mode, why dosent it work?:P
SpinDrJr
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:42 pm   

Well you can flag a room 'pause during speedwalk' in order to test triggers on output from the room. So the problem is, do the rooms you have to pick items up in vary, or are they the same rooms all the time?
DeReP
Adept

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:29 am   

#SLOW command used to work in fast mode, I know couse I was using it some time ago, It doesnt seem to work now for some reason, also I'm getting map disconfigurations often now, whenever using the #FIND command, it will take the look as a reload room info. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: