Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Legion
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:00 am   

*TIP* Triggers pass test, but not fire on the MUD?

It has just come to my attention while trying to figure something out about some triggers. I had an issue where I get a big list of affects from my mud, and each affect (or at least the ones I want to focus triggers on) is triggered to do something, however the (*anchored*) triggers would all pass their test, but on the actual mud, some of the triggers were not firing. Each time triggers did not work, it was the exact same triggers each and every single time.

Here is what i found out. I had an additional SPACE at the end of the pattern. If you copy/paste the pattern from the mud into the trigger pattern after the anchor character:

(example: ^this is a trigger pattern.)

Make sure you highlight anything after the cursor in the pattern line to get rid of extra spaces you can't see which (if they are there) will significantly reduce the amount of time and frustration trying to fix something that just does NOT LOOK like it's broken but actually is. :p

Hope this helps some people.. like myself. :p

P.S. I'm usin version 7.05 in case anyone vitally needs to know this. :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: