Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:07 pm   

Zuggsoft.com server problems

Just when I was getting back into the programming groove, it looks like the zuggsoft.com server is dying somehow. The "inetinfo.exe" process (IIS server) keeps crashing with an "access violation" every few hours. Our monitoring software that restarts IIS when there is a problem hangs when this happens, so the server doesn't get restarted. This has caused a lot of downtime on the server.

Nothing has been changed on the server, so I have no idea what is suddenly causing these crashes, unless it's some new Internet attack that affects WinNT systems.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend more time dealing with the server. It's really having a negative impact on sales since people can't get to the order page when they want.

There isn't anything in the Event log so I really have no idea where to even start debugging this problems. It's very frustrating, and the timing is terrible (as usual).
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:07 am   

Time to move to apache and linux? ;)

Heh. Maybe a new version of code red is doing the rounds... though that should be detectable by a lot of outgoing 'attack' traffic.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:28 am   

Don't see anything to indicate a network attack at this point. I'm starting to think it might be a memory problem.

Unfortunately, with the Forums using ASP and my Web Order system using ASP and tied to my Cybercash account, I really don't want to move to linux yet.

The *new* pages and site for Zeus and eMobius will be done on linux (in PHP) but converting the existing zuggsoft.com site is still a huge effort. I really don't want to get side tracked and spend my time doing that right now, so hopefully we can get the current system stable again. It's been *very* stable for many months, which is why I'm so perplexed by the recent problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: