Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Coya

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:01 am   

HTML logging

As a long term MUD player, I have learned the importance of logging. I have always used a basic trigger to set Zmud to start logging as soon as I enter. To date this has worked out for me very well.

After reading over some of my old logs I came to realized how much better these logs would be if they were indeed in color. I asked around I and I learned how to set the logging to an HTML logger that I use through the ‘plugins’ option of Zmud.

It works great and now I can view my logs in color, however editing them has become quite a long task, and my normal txt files now are filled with HTML code.

So my questions are these:

1) How can I set an auto trigger to use a program from ‘plugins’?
2) Is there a way to copy the log twice, once in HTML code, and without?

Thank you for your time.
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:18 pm   

First off, this forum is for finished scripts, not really for questions. Nevertheless, I'll reply to your post on the condition that further inquiries go into the general forum Razz

quote:
1) How can I set an auto trigger to use a program from ‘plugins’?

Well, there are two ways, really... you could use the #MENU command or the #HTMLLOG command (recommended) to start the logging (#HTMLLOG syntax is basically the same as that for
#LOG
, but you can put in a title after the filename, I believe). As it sounds like you want this to happen every time you get on the MUD, you could make an alias named atconnect and put whatever command you use to start logging in it.

quote:
2) Is there a way to copy the log twice, once in HTML code, and without?

As HTML Logger functions independently from the regular zMUD logging, both it and #LOG can be used concurrently. Put the #LOG call in your atconnect alias to start it logging.

Tip: You can use the %time function to create logs which include the current date in the filename.

An alternative would be generating the colorless logs when necessary... it should be possible to copy the text from a web brower and paste it in Notepad or similar so only the text is copied (and no colors).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: