Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Skyfox
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:25 pm   

zone field in mob/eq database

Anybody know how to get the zone pulldown in a mob/eq database to show the zones that are available in the mapper.

I made a map with a zone and a mob db and eq db each with one item.
But when making a record the zone pulldown box shows nothing.

Anybody know why?
Zmud 7.05 on win2k

Thnx,

Skyfox
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:07 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Skyfox

Anybody know how to get the zone pulldown in a mob/eq database to show the zones that are available in the mapper.

I made a map with a zone and a mob db and eq db each with one item.
But when making a record the zone pulldown box shows nothing.

Anybody know why?
Zmud 7.05 on win2k

Thnx,

Skyfox

The mapper should be open if the drop down box should show the avaible zones.
Skyfox
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:27 pm   

Alas, but that makes no difference.
However I finally found another post with similar problem and it was said that the remake of the mapper database had something to do with it? The message refered to zmud 6.something though. And stated that those fields should be altered but are not high on the list.
Maybe they still are low on the list?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:46 pm   

zMud has recently gained many advancements (Version History), and has since been put on a back burner until user decide what new and wonderful features it needs. The database module not working with the mapper rewrite was not detected for close to a year of public and beta versions. I really can't believe that Zugg will assign it much of a priority when no one seemed to notice it went missing for so long. Best thing I can tell you is create your own format with a text or memo field. Mine is 'Zone name, mob/mobs' and 'Zone name, room name/room name'. With the recent addition of the %mapquery function it is just as effective during script work and equally descriptive during user searches.
Skyfox
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm   

Not sure if i was the only one noticing it....
Even though pitty it is not working as it is definitly a big plus of zmud...the mapper and database i mean.
I'll look into the %mapquery function if it is usefull for me.

Can understand that zmud ain't the only thing you guys work on, or is it Zugg's solo project?
Might want to grey-out or remove the zone and room fields as possiblities for the db though if it ain't gonna work anyways....Then again if nobody notices anyways.
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:15 pm   

Hmm,

Curious, I can't really offer any help but to say that I went into the database last night (I don't have one, but thought I'd create a new one to see what this problem was) and I get all the zones as listed in the mapper. Not sure how the 'Room' field worked right enough, but the zones appeared here: zMUD 7.05, WinXP, etc. Not sure if it would make a difference, but also have zMapper 1.22. Sorry I can't help much more than this though, does this problem exist with an older database, or is it a new one created from scratch? Do you have the mapper open when you create the database?

-G-
Skyfox
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:22 pm   

It were newly created databases including the map.
However when I created the database, the mapper wasn't open and there wasn't even a map yet.
It's a clean installed zmud only.
Only difference still might be that I didn't enter my registration yet since i'm not on my own computer and didn't need more time on this pc than the evaluation period.
Will try it again though with new map first and then another database.
If that still doesn't do it i'll check it at home in a couple days with zmud 7.05 (registrated) on WinXP home to see if that makes a difference.
Skyfox
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:36 pm   

Ok just checked it out. Problem is a little different.
When I have one zone it shows nothing in the pulldown box of the Zones.
When I create a new zone and then go back to the database it shows the first one, but not the new one.
When I create another zone in the mapper the result is the same. The older ones appear but the newest one isnt appearing.
Now one could be thinking that it is not updated yet. However if I delete the last zone i created, it again shows all old zones except the newest one of the remaining ones.
Example:
Zones in mapper: Test1, Test2, Test3
Database shows: Test1 and Test2
Create Zone in mapper: Aaaaa
Database shows: Test1, Test2, Test3
Delete Zone in mapper: Aaaaa
Database shows: Test1, Test2

I don't know how the pulldown is populated, but it seems that there is some order/index that is set upon creation and that the code to populate is some sort of loop that doesn't include the last entry.

At least I seem to have a workaround now...that is just add a dummy zone and it'll show all previous ones correct.
Should I report this as a possible bug?
Skyfox
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:35 am   

Well workaround allows me to select the zone.
When I save and the mapper is open the zone will show in the db record.
When I close the db and open it again the zone will show in the db record.
However if i close the db, then close the mapper, and after that open the db.....the zone is gone.
And when opening mapper after that and when mapper is open , then open the db....the zone field is empty again even though no save was done.

So It seems making a text field for the zone seems to be the only way.
Bummer!
Skyfox
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:37 pm   

Ok checked it at home with registrated zmud 7.05 on Windows XP.
If mapper is open and db is opened, indeed the combo/dropdownlist is filled with zones.
All except the last one created. The list seems te be sorted by the zoneid cause when looking at the table in access. Also in the zone field of the database they are not listed alphabetically. (Here I mean in zmud again). Also comparing with access to check the mapper db. it is indeed the zone with the highest zoneid that will not show up in the mob/eq db.
This however I already reported as a bug using the form on this site last week. I didn't get any reaction on it, but I'm sure Zugg is a very busy man so I'm not really surprised. Besides he probably gets loads and loads of emails anyways ;).

The not alphabetical sorting I don't think I can call a bug, so can't report it like that.
Don't know if there is a possibility for putting it on a customer wishlist or something? :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: