Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rudnoc

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:10 am   

New to zMUD and having problems

I just downloaded zMUD and interested getting back into MUDs. Which I am only familar with zMUD from a while back or should I say aquainted with zMUD from the past.

Anyhow, I am running WinXP and have gotten the downloads of the MDAC and Jet OLEDB and installed them.

However when I run zMUD (doing trial so I am only a AC Explorer registered guy). I click on the free trial and it goes to load the zMUD splash screen with this one the splash screen

Loading zMUD modules...0
Name: Main Module

But I get a popup error window that says

zMUD (as title)

(red circle with X in it) in Table-level validation expression

Then I believe I installed the MDAC and Jet OLEDB.

Of course I checked and my LicCtrl is on automatically so there is no problem there. I also disconnected my system from my router and have it direct to my cable modem so I eliminated any problem of ports being blocked. However everthough that problem is gone now but a different error comes up saying...

zMUD (as title)

Fatal Error: Cannot open databases in directory: c:zMUD

I hit the OK button and a second window comes up saying

COM Server warning (as title)

There are still active COM objects in this appplication. One or more clients may still have references to these objects, so manually closing this application may cause those client application(s) to fail. Are you sure you want to close this application?
I click "yes" and the splash screen closes Thus zMUD splash screen closes. However, during this whole time the same info on the splash screen never changed...

What do I do to correct this so I can use zMUD. I would rather trial ZMUD and then pay the $30 rather than using the other free Telnet MUD progs out there. To me Zugg is the only way just like old Gamespy. Wouldn't trade them for the world. Please help me so I can use zMUD, thanks in advanced....
rudnoc

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:17 am   

Oh BTW, if I do click on NO to close apps then I get an error that says

zMUD (as title)

Chars: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset.

Hope it helps...
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:31 am   

Rename the chardb.mdb file then run zMud. It should create a new one. Since your just returning to mudding you shouldn't have any characters in the other to worry about.
rudnoc

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:47 pm   

ok, I renamed the chardb.mdb and then ran zMUD.

Now I get the "in Table-level validation expression" again.

and after that happens and I run zMUD again I no longer get the

"in Table-level validation expression"

but I get the second one

"Fatal Error: Cannot open databases in directory: c:zMUD"

So, if I rename I get the first error and I will get the second error once the first one happens. Of course after the first error I notice it recreats the chardb.mdb file and I still have my renamed one.

I don't know much about stuff like this but something tells me that my problem is with the "in Table-level validation expression" whatever that is.

Anyway, thanks for the help you have provided so far Vijilante. I think it has gotten us a step further. Which way I don't know, will I ever play any MUDs soon with my beloved zMUD, who knows, will Vijilante figure this one out, we will see :) hehehe, j/k thanks for your support Vijilante I just hope you can get me through this...

May thee wind be at ye back and thy enemy under ye feet.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:49 pm   

I am at a loss and not going to be able to figure this out. You say you have already updated MDAC/JET and it is still errorring on the chardb, but this was just recreated by zMud. I would suggest emailing support@zuggsoft.com at this point with the full details of your problem, system data (such as XP, MDAC version, zMud version [I assume 7.05], etc.), and a reference to this topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: