Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:25 pm   

atconnect, autologin problem

On our mud, people using zmud will often get a wierd alias, that looks like this:

#alias atconnect {%char %pass} {System}

This happens when someone creates a new character or recreates their character in the zmud character database.

A window looking like this will appear

I apologize for the ugly color, i only have MSpaint to work with. Notice that the password prompt box is blank. Most people will just hit yes without examining it carefully, and i think this is part of the problem.

I think that zmud is getting the password prompt confused with the IAC_WILL_MXP string (these strings are sent very close to each other).

If it helps, I also have test.txt and trace.txt.

So, my questions:
Is it the mxp telnet string causing the problem? If so, when should this string be sent, or could Zmud be updated to ignore telnet sequences as possible password prompts? If not, what might it be?

Actually, the more that i think about it, why would autologin make an atconnect alias like the one that is appearing? It is this alias that is the problem, and my main goal is to make it so it never shows up again.

Thanks

Edit:
I changed the command that would create an alias similiar to the one that is automatically appearing to actually work and make the alias right.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:42 pm   

Technically all connection negotiations should be settled before any user interaction is done. I would recommend following that, by delaying sending any text until negotiations are resolved.

Beyond that I can't really say anything, I have never seen the autologin system in zMud fail to at least make a working trigger/alias. Your trace.txt looks like it functioned right, if it isn't you should provide a second test and trace showing the problem.
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:41 am   

The trace.txt shows a log on sequence where the autologin trigger maker failed. I could change the negotiations so that it pauses to get a response, but only a small portion of the players use mxp, so I'd like to use that as a last resort (so that other clients don't have to have that delay).

quote:

Your trace.txt looks like it functioned right, if it isn't you should provide a second test and trace showing the problem.

I don't know how to respond to this. This trace.txt displays the login prompts and negotiations, unless I change the code they won't change either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: