Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Majnun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:51 am   

Stupid Achaea tricks

Ok, i've been playing around with getting zMUD set up to make my playing of Achaea more pleasant as i'm just getting into MUDs and i can't stand all the spam - thus all the time coding to manage it all... but I haven't actually PLAYED the game, so here are a list of things i want to do, but am promising myself not to for a while so i can actually play the game for a bit. I'm wondering if anyone has done these things already, or has any ideas about how to do it, so that in a week when i come back to zMUD scripting i have some idea of where to start.

1) Buddy list
- connect to .mdb via ADO
- color says, tells, and arrivals and exists with some color to highlight your buddies
-send buddy spam to buddy window

2) Parse character lines in room descriptions into a nice list of character names and weapon wielded in a seperate window, like:
Majnun: Big Stick
Sara: Longsword
Dude: Magic wand
-potential problems: titles, etc.

3) Find a way of creating an array (or list?) that i can store particular channels in, and then rifle thru this array during various "...says..." spam and send it to a window named the same as the array... a sort of spam manager.

4) Character sheet. Launch a SCORE command every 5-10 minutes and update a window with my stats, (and recalculate my max hp, max mana, etc.)

5) Automatically create an items DB based on things i examine, probe, etc.

6) "Wake up your being attacked" beep and flashing message (not even sure what combat looks like yet).

7) Array of random entrance/exit emotes that fire no more than every two minutes - the lazy way to role play
-how do i know when i enter a room, sent something just before leaving a room?

Oops, got to get back to work...

Happy mudding!

;)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:54 am   

Almost everything you will think of has already been done (or at least tried).
Search

1. List-variables are useful for keeping track of your buddies. A list-variable can be used in your pattern. #CW, #COLOR, and #PCOL will all allow easy modification of text color. #CAPTURE can easily send information to other windows. See the help topics on Triggers, Variables, Pattern Matching, Multiplaying and the commands mentioned above for more information.

2. Record-variables (also known as database-variables) are useful for keeping track of paired items of information. See the help topics on Databases for more information.

3. See #CAPTURE

4. Use alarms for repetitive actions. See the help topic on #ALARM for more information.

5. Use the Search link to look for database scripts

6. #BEEP will provide a beep. #MESS will give you a message (don't remember if it flashes but you can't miss it). See the help topics.

7. By this point you can probably figure this out yourself

Also have a look at the Support Library, it has a lot of useful articles which can give you additional tips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: