Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:07 am   

Mapper won't create new rooms with no prompt

In DragonRealms, the prompt gives no real information that I need. I've disabled it, and don't echo commands, and decided I like it this way. I've very much gotten used to having no prompt.

I have the mapper working perfectly in follow mode, except that, except that #FIND doesn't work (I think that's a different issue, and not critical here). I autodetected for the configuration, then in the Map Preferences, I checked the tick for "Room Description changes" under Room Description, and turned off all ticks and cleared the fields under "MUD Prompt", then turned on No Prompt.

In create mode, the mapper will follow me around created rooms, but will not create a new room. If I put anything in the MUD Prompt field of GSL Emulation (in the Prefs), then the creation mode begins working as expected. This is true even if I have everything cleared from the MUD Prompt settings except for "No Prompt" being turned on.
Ratalon
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:50 pm   

One solution is to turn back on the prompt. you can use the #GAG command to remove it so you do not see it. The mapper will be happy, and you will be happy!
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:04 pm   

I tried that, but the result is that the prompt still appears at the bottom of the screen until more scroll comes along, and it gags the first line of the scroll along with the prompt. The upshot of which is that while travelling, it gags the room names.

Until this is resolved, I'm forced to turn on the prompt when I'm mapping new territory, but I still turn it off when I'm not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: