Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
korthrun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:29 am   

Zmud adn TweakUi's 'Xmouse'

Being that only zmud and 1 program for work keep me running windows at work, I was very excited to see that TweakUI (windows xp btw) allowed for X windows like mouse behaviour, where you can mouse over a window, that window will get the focus, but will NOT be raised to the front. You can imagine my virtual chubby when I got this ability on windows. Except for zmud. Zmud thinks it is WAY important. Everytime I mouse over zmud, it says, "HAHAHAHA YOU SUCK I WILL COME TO THE FRONT AND YOU SHALL SUFFER". Something along those lines anyway. I really have no clue though what could cause this. A friend of mine says she has the same issue with win2k. I am presently running Zmud 7.05. Any input would rock, this is a small annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:00 am   

It is very likely that there is nothing that can be done for this. The TweakUI sends a SetFocus message to the window, and since the SetFocus message includes details about what window is losing focus it is a common method to detect that you should bring a window to front and redraw. I believe Zugg wrote most of that portion of code back in the days of Win3.1; while I am sure he has made many changes to take advantage of new things in the API the ability to have the focused window buried just hasn't been asked for. In other words it would likely take a rewrite of some of the older code in zMud, but that is just my guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: