Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Corleidum
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:25 am   

Faster trigger?

are there any chances to make a trigger fire off the same second?

This is what happends. I have a trigger to trigger on "room 1"
there are ten rooms. typing 10north will results:

Room1 Here the zmud trigger fires BUT
Room2
Room3
Room4
Room5
Room6
Room7
Room8
Room9 It's first until here it's actually sent to the mud.
Room10

Anyway to make the trigger fire off and hit at a faster period?`
jessew
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:01 am   

This is If I understand you correctly . Depending on how zmud is coding when you see the trigger echo it might not necessarily be the same moment it was sent. And If you send 10n on most muds no matter when zMud displays the trigger echo your getting to that 10th room before any more of your commands are executed. Just because zMud had a chance to display the echo after room 9 doesn't mean your command was executed by your mud while in room 9. Even on muds that would allow you to clear your queue , theres no way of being positive due to numerous reasons that it will happen exactly when you need it to. Thats why for a script like I think your trying to make you need to take more control , move north , check this room out, its ok , move north again.

Cheers, Jesse
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:17 pm   

Actually the support topic on speedwalking http://www.zuggsoft.com/library/speedwalking.htm will help you out.
Corleidum
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:49 pm   

But the speedwalk is for the mapper?

The thing with the rooms is, that I follow a leader....and the leader hits 10north, what I do is follow him through the rooms, and I don't use a mapper. So how is it possbile to execute the trigger as fast as possible and directly send it to the mud, ignoring everything else, all ohter triggers I have on my hitpoints/endurancepints triggers, and room triggers to color room exits..

Enlgish is not my first, nor secondlanguage as you surely have noticed, so forgive me for my poor english...
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:33 pm   

You can't make triggers work faster than they work. If you are following a leader then you are usually already moving to the next room by the time you see the current room. You won't be fast enough to pick things up, or do anything else that's related to a specific room, whether you use triggers or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: