Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Y3KPanic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:56 am   

Checking For Individual Characters in a Parameter

Because the prompt of my MUD shows whether I have balance and equilibrium, I'm trying to detect it and transfer the information to a string list to be displayed on a status bar window for an easier read. My prompt looks like this:

1000h, 1000m ex-

where the presence of e means I have equilibrium and the presence of x means I have balance. I was thinking of adding onto my prompt trigger for a pattern that looks like:

^(%d)h, (%d)m(*)-

and somehow checking if %3 contains e, x, both, or none, and then %additem or %delitem "balance" or "equilibrium" from my string list accordingly.

Might anyone have an idea on how to do this? Any help would be appreciated.
Serentus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:08 am   

Untested, but should be close.

#TRIGGER {^(%d)h, (%d)m(*)-} {#IF %pos("e",%3) {#ADDITEM statuslist Equilibrium} {#DELITEM statuslist Equilibrium};#IF %pos("x",%3) {#ADDITEM statuslist Balance} {#DELITEM statuslist Balance}} {prompt|nocr}

#STATUS {%expandlist(@statuslist," ")}
Y3KPanic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:53 pm   

Thank you, it worked very well. However, the trigger is a bit slow...it doesn't seem to update until there's a line after the prompt. Because as soon as I enter a command or there's output from the MUD, a new prompt pops up, ready for another command or more output, and thus it shows my status right after the last command or output. The trigger doesn't read this new prompt until I enter a command on this prompt line or the MUD outputs something onto this prompt line. Is there anyway to fix that?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:06 pm   

In the settings editor click the trigger then trigger options tab then Make sure PROMPT is checked and Newline is unchecked
Y3KPanic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:10 pm   

Ohhh. Thanks a lot. It works perfectly =).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: