Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
savanna
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:46 am   

doors problem

There are a lot of door names with different actions on them.
I know zmud permit user to define the name of door, a powerful function.But problems are:

1.for door a, command should be "open door";door b, becoming "push gate";door c, becoming "knock fence" and so on.

2.To enter room and to exit room have different command.For instance, "knock gate" to enter but "open gate" to exit.What's more,some rooms ask you to "push door" for coming while without action for leaving.I mean,you should "push door;north" to enter but simply "south" to exit

3.A complexity problem about boat.In my mud,it exists a very complicated boat system.On river bank,first,you should "yell boat";second,boatman may answer you as "I am busying now" that you prohibit entering the boat and then you have to wait a moment until answering you as "I am waiting for you, guy" then you could "enter" boat.

4.Some npc may stop your walk and you have to kill them or hit them to faint without choices.It brings a bit trouble when using "#walk" command.

When I mapped my mud,I meet these problem.I don't how to solve them.To modify settings in automapper or use trigger?
Thank you if anyone could share some idea.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:46 am   

1. You can set the door command in the mapper settings-config->strings and Doors
setting it to Open %2 will issue Open Door (or the name of the door if that field is set in the link properties for the room)

2. For Special ways to use things like Push gate then north set the exit command field to push gate;n and if its a differant command change the link command in the other room to pull gate;s remember a two way link is actually 2 one way links

3. This is GREATLY Explained in the support topic for Speedwalking http://www.zuggsoft.com/library/speedwalking.htm. Please read that file and if you have any questions post again.
4. See #3 Above
savanna
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:32 am   

1.Yes,but I can't change the action to the door.For instance,I can set "open %1" or "open %2",but I can't set open itself.Since there are a host of different commands such as open,push, and knock,merely one action is insufficient.

2.Where set the exit command?"Exits" of "Romm Properties"?I tried to modify the "Command",but it didn't work.Or,I have to build a new "Direction" with the content of "push gate;north"?

3 & 4,That's the point and answer,thank you.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:03 am   

1. some muds you have to (open direction) to open a door (default zmud) some you have to (open doorname) and some you have to (open doorname direction) for most doors You seem to have this part so moving on to 2

2. For doors that require you to push Gate then move north
goto the room properties->exits tab select the exit in question remove the door option and in the other com field put push gate;north now anytime you come to that room you will push gate then move north

for rooms that you just push gate and then are ushered inside (without moving) just use push gate
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:28 am   

In the automapper configuration page Strings and Doors, set the door command to "%2", set the default door name to "open door". You can then put those commands directly into the door name field for the exit.

For those where the command differs from one side of the door to the other you will have to change the existing link to oneway, create a second link and make it one way in the opposite direction. Then you can independently control the door name in each direction.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:04 pm   

quote:
For those where the command differs from one side of the door to the other you will have to change the existing link to oneway, create a second link and make it one way in the opposite direction. Then you can independently control the door name in each direction.

You don't have to make the links one way just change the exit command in each room for what it is.
savanna
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:21 am   

Thank nexela, your way to the problem is perfect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: