Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
KeredofAchaea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:01 am   

Gagging and Colors

Mmk, so I've got this problem where I didn't know how to use a command and I ended up setting the color of '3''s in my Mud to a different color. Normally they follow the color pattern of the Mud, Achaea, because the colors change. However, I don't know how to set it back to being able to change. I used '#cw 3'.

I fear this same problem has occurred with the word 'sight' in my mud, as it gags the word and part or all of any line it is contained in.

If ya can help me out to get these things working back to normal again, let me know, please.

Thanks!
Kered
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:52 am   

Have a look at the triggers in your settings editor, search for those triggers that can obviously cause these changes. Triggers are what gives you colour changes, gags and most if not all of the mutations in your mud output display.
Lirril
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:30 am   

The other thing you should keep an eye on if you are seeing lines being gagged (or not seeing them even!), is to make sure that your password isn't contained on those lines. By default zMUD gags lines which contain your password.
KeredofAchaea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:05 pm   

Hey, I got the 3 working, however it still gags the word 'sight'. I have no login trigger so I don't know what to do... I can't find any settings for the word itself. Would #ungag sight possibly work?

Let me know, and thanks for the help already.
KeredofAchaea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:06 pm   

ungag didn't work.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:25 pm   

It doesn't matter whether you use login triggers or not, if you've told zMUD that 'sight' is your password it will gag all lines containing 'sight'.

At the character selection screen, select the character but don't log on with it. Use the Edit button instead. Go to the Character tab. Your password is in the Password box (of course, it's unreadable). If you aren't using zMUD to supply the password, then there's no need for that box to contain your actual password. You can leave it blank or change it to something that has almost no chance of ever appearing.

Of course, it would be better to change your actual password to something less common (preferably a nonsense string of characters) and have the correct password in that field in case you ever forget it. It's not unusual for people to forget passwords if something happens (vacation, accident, boredom, punishment) so they don't use a character for a few weeks.
KeredofAchaea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:07 am   

Ok... I'll try that... Thanks LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: