Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:02 pm   

New features or do they already exist?

Hi, I'm looking around to sort out my aliases/triggers etc (which has grown very large over the past few years) and was wondering if there was a way to export them to a file which is easily readable (by that I mean a nicely formatted file which lists all the triggers at once) which I could print out and scribble about on.

Also, something I've mentioned before, 2 mapper ideas.

1) when double clicking on a favourite room it autowalks you there, not centered the screen on it. (perhaps make this an option, choose what to do when you double click)

2) To create hierarchical levels of favourite rooms which expand like windows explorer folders (+ and - thing) so that if I'm in a town, I can run to all the other towns (without seeing what in them) and to all locations in that town. e.g.

-Town 1
-Shop
-Bank
-Trainer 1
-Local quest 1
+Town 2
+Town 3
+Town 4

or perhaps to go as far as

-Town 1
-Quests
-Quest 1
-Quest 2
-Ammenities
-Shop
-Bank
-Trainer 1
+Town 2
+Town 3

If you see my point. I have over 300 favourite rooms (I'm on a 100'000+ room mud) and organising them would be amazingly helpful.

So yea, if anything like this exists please tell me where, if not, please consider it.

Also, I've found an annoying maybe bug in triggers which use the verbatim setting to #SUB text. They show the replacement text but them also show the origional text after it. I'm probably doing things wrong though.

Hope this helps someone (maybe even me :P)
Greendale
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:28 am   

1) In the mapper: Config->Configuration Settings->Speedwalking, and select "Speedwalk when double-click on room".

2) Right-click somewhere in the Favorites and make sure "Flat view" is not selected. Then click on one favorite and drag it on top of another.
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:14 am   

Okay, kudos on point 2 but I think you misunderstood my point 1.

I want to double-click on the favourites list and have it speedwalk me to the room, now just center the map on it.

Anyway, your a god. :)
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:18 pm   

For 1, alowwing for changing the default double-click action was discussed, but Zugg didn't want it since people have to expect doing a speedwalk when they double click on a room. Anyway, to center the map to that room, just right click it and select Center Map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: