Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Odross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:04 am   

Help with Alias/Prompt

ok, so I'm in the process of creating a vial script for achaea, and I ran into a bit of a problem. I have the first part of the input down, which records how many vials you have, and gets you to input the Unique Numbers of the vials. My next step is to input what you have each vial filled with, and here is where I run into the problem.
Here's the code:

#VAR vialcount1 1
#LOOP 1,@vialcount {
#PR vial%expand( @vialcount1)type "Please enter the TYPE of Elixer or Salve that is contained in @vial%expand( @vialcount1)"
#ADD vialcount1 1
}

As you can see, I'm trying to expand the contents of what are in each variable so that the user can know which vial is which, instead of just using Vial1, Vial2 etc....but I can't get the variables to expand within the prompt...Is there any way I can do that, or am I destined to use #ECHO or #SHOW before asking for the contents of the vial?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:13 pm   

#LOOP already has a counter variable, there's no need to create another one.
#LOOP 1,@vialcount {
#PR vial%{i}type {Please enter the TYPE of Elixer or Salve that is contained in @vial%i}
}

It would probably be simpler to use List or Record variables.
Odross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:41 pm   

Thank you, that seemed to clear everything up. It's good to know I tried to re-invent the wheel...*sigh*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: