Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:20 am   

yes... the 1st of april?
and "doors"? :)

amazing :)
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:30 pm   

Ack, I was playing with a Knob and caught my fingers in the Jamb.
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:50 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Vijilante

Ack, I was playing with a Knob and caught my fingers in the Jamb.

Vijilante - In the UK that could be taken totally out of context. [:p] You shouldn't be playing with that.....You'll go blind! Very Happy
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:22 pm   

Vijilante, my first question is: Where did you get a hold of a pre-release version of Doors? Obviously we have a bad leak in our marketing department and need to put an end to it. Of course, we secretely put in traps to catch things like this, so just let me know which Knob you were playing with and we'll be able to identify where the leak came from. I'll put my security cheif Odo on the job right away.

Guede, you have pointed out a cultural difference that we were not aware of! I'll have my marketing team look into this right away. I'm sure we can turn that around and attract some more sales from the UK if we try. Wink

omaek, I'm not sure how widespread the "tradition" of April 1st is. Do people in Italy make up hoaxes for "April fools" or is this something limited to the U.S.?
bossmant
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:29 pm   

It seems like your Doors have leaks, you should some more airproof doors in order to prevent leaks and the like. Also, make sure your Knobs don't have keyholes! That is just asking for leaks.
Rennus
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:43 pm   

Geez, I hear the hacking community has already started on a project to get though DOORS... They're calling it the Killer New Operating system Cracking Kode (KNOCK)... what plans you got to combat that Zugg?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:32 pm   

"Bring em on!" Smile
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:41 pm   

I was tweaking the Knob that controls Peephole focus.

I think your security measures are too extreme and have already started working my PAD (People Against Doors) connections to bring a new Strike Plate online.
omaek193
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:02 am   

Probably i could avoid the post :)

just for curiosity:
In Italy "April fools" is known as "the fish of April" that means something like "the joke of April".
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:22 am   

I hear hackers are already making progs for this some are "Hacksaw", "Drill", and "Battering Ram" Will Metal Doors hold up to those kind of programs.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:25 pm   

****Security Alert****

New fatal flaw found in pre-release version of Doors. The Crowbar virus takes advantage of a weakness in the connection between the Frame layer and fireWall. Exploiting this weakness allows the virus to directly interface with the hardware and damage the Framework. This causes Doors to be unable to open and close. In extreme cases the exploit is capable of removing portions of the fireWall thereby completely diabling Doors security.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:47 pm   

Apparently Microsoft has decided to implement a lot of the feautures of Doors on the next version of Windows. Because of all the changes, they've decided to change the name to Windowed-Doors and are already preparing their legal staff to counter any claims that the name is too similar to Doors.

However, the hacking community, after obtaining a pre-release version, have already developed a project that will remove all security in Windowed-Doors. This project, from the same makers of KNOCK, is called BRICK (Brand-new Rapid Internet Cracking Kode). While KNOCK still requires the Doors user to give access to the attacker, BRICK requires no such action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: