Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Oracle
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:30 am   

Scrollback buffer bug

I'm noticing something odd when I have been mudding for long period of time where I get funky results with my mainwindow scrollback. If I have a container such as a satchel that has 50 lines of text and I look into it, I will only see maybe four or five lines of those items. When I referring to the lines, there are full screen lines of text.

There have been other times where my text has disappeared when I click on the button to cause the screen to split and then when I get rid of the scrollback bar, the text reappears.

Then as of late, I have had text get garbled and this all goes away if I empty the scrollback.

My memory for the main window is set at 2000 and I have 756 meg of memory.

Thanks.
byal9000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:38 am   

I'm having the same problem. It seems that when I get a really long series of lines from the mud, they just kind of disappear unless I split the screen. Then all the text reappears and I can see what happened. It also will leave then ends of lines hanging off to the right of the screen sometimes, but this goes away when I split the screen as well. Any ideas?
Rennus
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:09 am   

Sounds like corrupted video memory.. splitting the screen causes it to refresh and cures any problems. Since I don't have this problem.. nor have I heard of others having it (not to say it doesn't exist.. just that I don't see it) I'd say its probably caused by something else running on your computer. Do you notice it immediately after rebooting? Is it after your computer has been running a while? Is it happening after you run a certain program? Have you tried turning on/off video shadowing in the BIOS? These are just some of the things to look for, but chances are.. its not the zMud program causing the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: