Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Eurymedon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:09 pm   

Auto Money Run Script

Does there exist, or is it even possible to creat a script that does automatically run an area for money and kills all mobs? Lets say I got the complete area mapped, does this change anything?
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:02 pm   

Yes, yes and yes. 'Nuff said. Razz
Eurymedon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:05 pm   

Got any more Infos or links for me? :)
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:26 pm   

link #1

http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/search.asp

search for "bot" have fun reading and learning
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:02 pm   

Yes, it's possible to write a script that automatically runs an area for money and kills all mobs. Good ones require a lot of time and effort.

Yes, some people have actually put in the time and effort to write such scripts and therefore such scripts do exist.

No, mapping the complete area isn't likely to make much, if any, difference. Most such scripts follow a predetermined path rather than relying on the mapper. A good map may help in deciding what path to follow.

Most such scripts are very specific to the area being "farmed". The room layout must match the predetermined path. The mobs must match. The items to be taken must match. The commands used for killing must match (a mage script won't help a warrior, and a warrior script won't help a mage).

As I said initially, these require a lot of time and effort to write. As you could expect, most people who put that time and effort into making their character better than normal aren't in a hurry to share their efforts. After all, if everyone has the same scripts, their character goes back to just being normal and they get no advantage from all their work.
nole

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:44 pm   

Actualy writing a "script" or bot as you seem to call it is not VERY leagal at most muds, you could very well get deleted for it there now I have warned you :)

To write a "simple" scripts in a 6 room area you could do like this
(simple map over the area)
O-O-O
| |
O-O-O
open notepad

in a text file say called example.txt we put (if we start in the nw corner) the following "code"

Code:

kill @mob;
e;kill @mob;
e;kill @mob;
s;kill @mob;
w;kill @mob;
w;kill @mob;
n;#close 1;#file 1 example.txt;#read 1;

now if you run #file 1 example.txt it will open to read from the file.

#var mob goblin will make the scripte read @mob as goblin.

#read 1 will now execute the script. and it will walk around doing kill goblin (or what you now did set variable mob to) untill you are to tired to go on, or decide to #close 1.

Hope I helped out some :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: