Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Firey
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:26 pm   

Classes

Hey!

Everytime I open the settings for my character, there are 4 unnamed classes there, and 'cause of them it takes forever to open the settings. I always deleted them when I log on, but they seem to respawn next time I open my char. When I've deleted them, the settings will work as normal, take 0.01 sec to open a class folder. But if they ain't deleted, it takes like 20sec.
The 4 folders are in all my chars, and I've tryied to deleted them and save the settings in another name, delete them and save as normal. Also I've tryied to import the other settings into another char.

But I can't figured how to get rid of them, any suggestions?

THanksies!
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:28 pm   

It sounds like these might be inherited settings. First, make sure that the folders aren't present in the default character profile. Hit escape at the character selection screen and delete the folders if they exist here. Save settings and close the character to return to the selection screen.

Next, right-click one of your normal character icons and go to Properties. On the Files tab, there should be a field for the inherited settings file.

While you could just remove it here, you can also make a note of it and then in the Settings Editor, do File, Open... and select that file to remove the folders.

Every time you make a change to the settings, make sure that you are saving it. Via the Settings Editor, this is accomplished with File, Save. Through the zMUD main menu, you can also do Settings, Save.
Firey
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:49 pm   

Thankies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: