Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
selch
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:29 am   

Command Line for mapmode?

I want to change from follow to mapmode in the mapper via the command line. I've read the threads about using %maplocked but either it doesn't work or I'm not getting it.

I've tried both #NOOP %maplocked(0) and #CALL %maplocked(0). I'm expecting to see the button in the automapper window to change from one state to the other but I don't. If I use #ECHO %maplocked it will show me the current state but there's no reflection of the state in the automapper window and it doesn't map when I walk.

So the %maplocked command seems to change the state and I can verify that if I check it with #ECHO but the automapper doesn't seem to take the state. Ideas?
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:09 am   

%maplocked just sets an attribute saying whether the map is locked for most changes at the moment or not. In follow mode, it'll default to 1 and 0 for map mode, but as you've discovered, changing it does not change from one mode to the other. Instead, it's there to make it possible for scripts for example to change things while the map is still in follow mode.

To switch to follow mode:

#MENU {Mapper|File|Follow Mode}

To switch to map mode:
#MENU {Mapper|File|Map Creation Mode}
selch
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:32 am   

Fantastic! Thanks. I thought the #MENU command was just for making a menu when you right click. Obviously not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: