Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bashere1975

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:59 am   

Exp needed to level monitor

Ok here is the issue. I can get zmud to give the proper value of exp needed once. Then, unless I click on that window, it keeps repeating the same number. I havent been able to locate a pre-made trigger for this as the code on the mud is heavily modified and there is a gui with status bars.

Ok this is the trigger I've been using that I cant get to work.
Ok nevermind that. On the status bar your experience needed to level is listed as eX: ********

All im looking for here is a trigger to send the number after the eX: to a group chat screen.

In the mud it's like this - gt blah blah blah

For some reason I just cant get it to work, any help is appreciated.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:22 pm   

#TR (eX: ([*])} {gt %len( %1)}
Bashere1975

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:40 pm   

Perhaps Im doing something wrong, but that trigger brings up a value of 2. I've tried modifying it to see if there was a typo or something, but still no luck.

Thanks for trying though:)

John.
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:05 pm   

#TR (eX: ([*])} {gt %1}

It was probably the lack of information in your original post that confused Lightbulb (who is the trigger GOD btw). Have a read of the help file on patterns to see what you can match etc.

-G-
Bashere1975

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:34 pm   

Ok I think my lack of information for you folks is the cause.

I dont think setting it up as a trigger will work, simply because the information isnt "sent" from the mud. In other words, if the mud spammed you with "you need x to level" then I could easily set up a trigger to take x and send it to group chat, no problem.

The problem is the number im looking to get is part of a static interface. so the trigger wont pick up on the change because it isnt sent. If ya follow. So now Im thinking the numbers after the eX: part of the interface needs to be set to a variable.

I've spent about 6 hours on this already, Im sorry if it seems like im not trying, but believe me...Im at the end of my rope here;)

So I'm thinking the logical way to do this would be something like this

#trig is DEAD!!
#var exp eX: (%d)
gt I need @exp EXP to level.

**edit : Would I also need a #reset command so it repeatedly grabs the new value for eX after every fight?

I dont know if that even looks right to anyone but me:P

John
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:04 am   

Hi,

#trig is DEAD!!
#var exp eX: (%d)
gt I need @exp EXP to level.

This will create a trigger that will fire on "is dead" and do nothing if you enter it like that at the command line. However, if your trigger pattern is "Is Dead and in the value part you're doing the #var bit etc. it'll stope "eX: (%d)" in the variable exp so @exp would show "ex: (%d) without changing anthing (I think).

What would be useful would be to see actual mud output (fire a screenshot up if you think it'll help)? What MUD is it? maybe someone here plays the same MUD? (or would be able to log on to find enough info about it for you).

Don't give up yet! zMUD can do some really cool stuff for you and I'm sure there will be a way to solve your problem too! :)

-G-
Bashere1975

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:42 am   

Ok I'll work on getting a screenshot, until then the name of the mud is Mortal Realms, located at www.mortalrealms.com port 4321

I dont recall if it brings up the interface but if you log on and type vt102 on, you'll see it. the eX: is located at the bottom line.

John.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:56 am   

The only confusion is about what actually follows eX:. I took it to be a space and then a series of *'s, since that's what was shown, and designed a trigger to tell how many of them there were, which is why I used the %len function. If I had just wanted to repeat ******* I wouldn't have needed the function.
quote:
On the status bar your experience needed to level is listed as eX: ********

If it's actually a number following eX:, then of course ([*]) won't match and (%d) will be needed, without the %len function. If it's actually a series of *'s, then (%d) won't match and ([*]) will be needed, with the %len function.

I'm not sure what effect the "static interface" will have. The information has to be sent, no matter where it's displayed, so the trigger should work. If it doesn't work, then I don't think it will matter whether you use #RESET or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: