Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:52 pm   

Unable to get license at this time- READ ME!

UPDATE

If you get an error that says:

Sorry, could not get a license at this time.
Please try running this program later.

You can now correct this by updating your zMUD to version 7.05(a), which has a new elicense wrapper that will both correct the problem and prevent it from reoccuring.

Chiara

Last edited by Chiara on Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pevil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:42 pm   

So what exactly causes this, I didn't mess with nothing.. Ive been using 7.03 for a couple days now, I just come home from work and go to log on and it gives me this error out of the blue.. I don't understad, now e-Liscence is not reply back to me, this sucks!
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:18 pm   

We still don't know exactly why it is happening. As soon as we do, it will be fixed.

Elicense is usually very reponsive. If you haven't heard back, make sure that your spam filter etc. and so forth are set to allow email from elicense.com. If you still don't hear back, follow the further instructions given above.

Chiara
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:32 pm   

The Code 23 error happens when the eLicense database gets corrupted. This can happen if you shut off the power to your computer without doing a proper Windows Shutdown, for example. The problem only seems to happen on Win95/98/ME systems. On Windows 2000/XP, eLicense was able to add some code that maintains a backup of your eLicense database which it can restore if the main database gets corrupted.

So, be sure to always perform a normal Windows shutdown. If you see a code 23 error when using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, notify eLicense and work with them to track down the cause.
Arithorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:32 pm   

Ok, surely, rather than going through the email process, it would be simpler for us to download it...

I'm happy to report bugs, but this extended wait for an app to fix an issue is nothing but frustrating...

Other than this, I've been a happy user of ZMud for 6months and counting - the program is great!!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:33 pm   

No, the diagnostic program is owned by eLicense and they control they access to it. It is not available for general download. You MUST email eLicense and get it from them.
Arithorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:54 am   

Thought you might be interested to know that I have yet to recieve any kind of response from elicense - it has been well over 48 hours now.

Rather than still wait, I've installed Win2k.

Thanks for all your help.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:55 pm   

Please consider that the last two days have not been business days.
If you do not hear from them today, I'll be surprised.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:23 pm   

Also keep in mind that in these days of huge spam problems, if you haven't received a response in 48 hours, you should send your email again in case it was lost. And also check to make sure your own email account is working properly and that you are not blocking email from zuggsoft.com or elicense.com. We had many cases where we are not able to send email to customers because of various blocking software they are using (especially on AOL).

Finally, I'm going to lock this thread now because the solution to the code 23 problem has already been given and discussing it further isn't going to help.
Zeta Thompson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:38 pm   

Hmm Well I sent one yesterday when i assume the db corrupted during our power outage. Lets see how long it takes for them to reply.
Gwaed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm   lost license

After running the program I am able to get into ZMud again. But my license is now gone from the elicense folder. Anyone else encounter this?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:11 pm   

No longer need this topic since eLicense has been removed from zMUD.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: