Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
GaidinBDJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:20 pm   

"No such interface supported."

Trying to start up zMUD 7.01, It gets to the point of the splash screen that says "Loading zMUD Modules... 0, Name: Main Module, Status: Initializing." and I get an error that pops up saying "No such interface supported." If I click OK (the only option) it just sits there. I can still close the splash screen by going to close on the zMUD taskbar item. I tried the MDAC 2.8 upgrade and the LicCtrl Service is running (those are the two things I found looking through the forums), but it's still doing the same thing. I tried a reinstall over the old version, plus a complete uninstall (with reboot) then install, and it's still doing it. Any help would be appreciated.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:43 am   

It has nothing to do with eLicense. Once you see the splash screen, eLicense is gone.

Two possibilities:

1) Run the ZSCONVERT.EXE program that comes with zMUD, then close it. This will register it on your system in case it didn't get registered properly by the zMUD installer.

2) Otherwise, it's still an MDAC problem. MDAC is VERY FUSSY about the exact order that you install it. Go to the http://www.zuggsoft.com/data page and follow the instructions given there. If you get an error during the MDAC 2.7 step, then install the MDAC 2.8 update from the Microsoft site. There is also an MDAC Check program you can download from there that will tell you if there is any problem with your MDAC installation.

3) Third and least likely is if you are using some odd plugin that is having trouble.
GaidinBDJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:32 pm   

I went through all those, and nothing seemed to really help, I was still getting the same message. Then I tried from another account on the same machine, and it started up fine. I switched back to my main account, turned the theme from Win classic to WinXP, started it up, and it started fine. Then I switched back and it was all set. I'm thinking there was some kind of funky setting in the Windows Classic interface that was causing the problem, but who knows. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: