Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 9:32 am   

Mapping the 3-Kingdoms!

This is a quick and dirty post of my "ultimate" mapper settings/triggers for 3-Kingdoms (3k.org 5000). This is a notoriously difficult mud to map efficiently, largely due to its LPmud nature.
The solution presented here will allow you to map the mud, capturing both the room name and description _at the same time_ (this is hard to do in most LPmuds, as it is not typically possible to display both the room name and description together).

Usage:

• Install the following triggers into zmud.

• Turn on brief mode ('brief' in game), and turn on ansi full. These triggers are based on the _default_ mud colors. You will need to adjust any triggers referring to colors if you use something non-default (mainly room_description).

• Create a new map, go to Map mode, and
    let zmud autoconfigure. With these triggers in place, you should see everything get correctly marked by the autoconfigure.

• Map, map, map!

Caveats!!!

• You MUST be in brief mode while mapping.

• You MUST have 'ansi on' or 'ansi full' in effect.

• When in 'Follow' mode, you may use the SLOW speedwalk settings (if desired) by walking around in 'verbose' mode in the mud. If you prefer to walk around in 'brief' mode, you will need to change the speedwalk settings to FAST.

• While in Map mode, it is possible that alignment tags and Mortal/High Mortal status in finger info can trip these triggers. In the code you'll see I have examples to filter out 'mean' and 'Mortal'. Ideally all the alignments and mortal statuses should be added (and I will update my website with more complete sets). If you encounter such a problem, either add a filter yourself, or simply go into Follow mode.

If you have questions or need additional help, please mail me at daagar1@home.com or visit my webpage at http://members.home.net/daagar1/3k (won't be updated with this info until 1/12/00 most likely).

If I've made any errors, please mail me first and I can post an addendum here in addition to my website.

Daagar
----------------------------------------
#CLASS {System|Automapper}

#TRIGGER {(*)~(*,*~)$} {
#TAG name %1
#T+ WaitForPrompt
#T+ Glance
} "" {prompt|line=7}
#TRIGGER {(*)~(?~)$} {
#TAG name %1
#T+ WaitForPrompt
} "" {disable|line=7}
#TRIGGER {(*)~((%w)~)$} {
#TAG name %1
#T+ WaitForPrompt
#T+ Glance
} "" {line=7}
#TRIGGER "WaitForEndPrompt" {^~>} {
#TAG prompt
#T- WaitForEndPrompt
} "" {prompt|notrig|disable}
#TRIGGER "WaitForPrompt" {^~>} {
#EXECUTE l
#GAG
#ECHO %{crlf}
#T- WaitForPrompt
} "" {prompt|notrig|disable}
#TRIGGER "GetDescription" {^&descLine$} {
#T- Glance
#VARIABLE tagline @descLine%crlf
#TAG desc @tagline
#T+ WaitForEndPrompt
} "" {prompt|line=6}
#TRIGGER {$} {#NOMAP}
#CLASS 0
#CLASS {System|Automapper|Glance} {disable}
#TRIGGER {^&glance$} {#IF !(@glance =~ "(*)~(*,*~)") {#GAG}} "" {disable|line=7}
#TRIGGER {^(%*)$} {
#IF ("%1" =~ "*~(mean~)") {#T- Glance}
#IF ("%1" =~ "*~(Mortal~)") {#T- Glance}
#IF !("%1" =~ "(*)~((*)~)$") {#GAG}
}
#CLASS 0
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:41 am   

Don't make big posts past midnight.

Please visit my website this weekend, as I'll be posting a cleaner set of triggers. This one has a few... oddities that I missed in the wee hours. Consider the set of triggers here "V1.0". I will version the triggers on my site so you know when to update. Thanks!

Daagar
http://members.home.net/daagar1/3k
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: