Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Dargo
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:50 am   

zMapper and zMUD

I have been using the built in mapper for zMUD and have started creating a map for my mud. I have downloaded zMapper and cannot seem to figure out how to integrate them. I assumed that once I installed zMapper that I would get the extra features from it when I load a map in zMUD. Someone please clarify how they work together for me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:26 pm   

zMapper is a "special" zMUD plugin. zMUD will detect zMapper and automatically load it. Once it's loaded into zMUD, then you will be able so see more shapes and other special ablities of zMapper.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:52 pm   

In zMUD, go to the Plugins menu, then select Install Plugins. Make sure the checkbox next to zMapper is enabled. Some versions of zMUD didn't enable it by default.
plugh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:29 pm   

So, I do have both zMud 7.01 and zMapper 1.22 installed. But try as I might, I can't seem to find zMapper in the plugin menu of zMud at all -- and if I try to add it manually, I get a message about zMapper.exe not being a proper plugin.

Now, I think that it is actually working, just not showing up in the plugin list...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:34 am   

zMapper will only show up in the list if it is properly registered or still has it's trial active. So, run zMapper and confirm that it lets you in. Then zMUD will detect it. The option with the checkbox for zMapper doesn't even show up in zMUD if it can't verify that zMapper is installed and the license or trial is valid. Once the trial expires, then it disappears from zMUD until you buy zMapper.
plugh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:31 pm   

I've been a registered user of zMapper since the very beginning, and it runs just fine as a standalone application... This is all on Windows XP, if that makes any difference.
plugh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:47 pm   

Weird -- when I installed 7.03 (over 7.02, 7.01, 7.00... you get the picture), zMapper suddenly showed up in the plugin list. Go figure.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:09 pm   

If anyone is trying to get this to work on Windows 10... it does work if you set both zmapper.exe and zmud.exe to 'Run this program as an administrator' in the Compatibility settings tab under Properties of the files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: