Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Darkavenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:11 pm   

running database

Hi first time i've posted so please forgive if this question has asked before.
My allegiance currently play AC1 on Thistledown server now the question I would like to know is it possible for me to run my own places database from my own Website ?
I have 4 SQL database slots free to use from the webpackage.
Is this Possible and what packages or licences would I need to purchase.
I would also like it to work for those members running the free version of AcExplorer. and i'm more than happy to purchase pro etc if this is possible to get up and running for Them.

Darkavenger
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:40 pm   

The only way to do this is with zExplorer. AC Explorer does not handle multiple databases very well. However, if you want to stick with AC Explorer, the details on the file formats that your web database server needs to output are documented in the AC Explorer help file in the Advanced Technical section. But you are on your own for writing database server scripts that output the needed format. Also, the free version of AC Explorer does not support custom database servers, nor does it support the more flexible XML output, so there isn't much you can do for them. But the format used by the free AC Explorer is still documented, and you can probably look at the instructions given at www.acspedia.com for how to set the INI file values manually for the free AC Explorer users. But they won't be able to use ACSpedia once you change their INI file to use your server.

If you use zExplorer, I've provided free scripts for PHP and MySQL to set up your own database server. The instructions for doing this are in files within the ZIP archive containing the script files, so download the free server scripts from the Download page and look at the documentation contained there. To set up a map database server, you will also need one copy of zMapper to create your initial map, set the coordinate scaling, and initially populate it or import data from other sources that you want to put into the database. Once the database server is set up, then other users only need zExplorer to download the updates, submit new locations, etc.
Darkavenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:11 am   

K so they will all need copy of zxplorer to be able to access the database... but it is possible . dunno if many of the player can afford this so will have to put it together many thanks for speedy response.

Darkavenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: