Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Xeveniah Darkwind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:48 am   

need help setting up zExeplorer / zMapper Server

hey im no php or mysql guru... need help with the database setup part and admin access

Thanks
Xeveniah Darkwind
xeveniah@bellsouth.net
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:49 pm   

I'm afraid you will need a PHP and MySQL person at this stage. These scripts are not meant for novices, and since few people have used them, they are bound to have bugs in them. If you don't know much about PHP and MySQL, your chance of getting them working is probably pretty low at this point.

In *theory* you copy the scripts to a directory on your web server that has PHP installed and follow the instructions given in the documentation files that come with the scripts to edit the config files to point at your MySQL server. If you have trouble with a specific step of the instructions, let me know. I can't really answer generic "I need help" questions and need more specifics on what you need help with exactly.
Xeveniah Darkwind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:39 am   

well mainly with the setting up of the mysql server entry in the script.... im usually able to figure stuff like that out but the documentation on how to enter the mysql server adress is poor thats all i need to really do

sorry for confuseing you.... and great software always seen it never really needed it till recently :-)
Xeveniah Darkwind
xeveniah@bellsouth.net
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:36 pm   

In the dbconnect.php script, set the value of the DB_HOST constant to your MySql server hostname or IP address. The database settings are in dbconnect.php and the username/password is in the config.php file.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: