Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
CapFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:20 am   

Tracking (in AC) beyond 97.9W...

Hi Zug.

I am experiencing an interesting problem on all my machines, running ACExplorer.

After this month's change to the Singularity Caul, I have spent time exploring the island that I would not have done in the past. In doing so, I have found that ACExplorer does not recognize loactions west of 97.9W. Once beyond that west coordinate, the arrow just freezes regardless of navigation, until I move back to a E/W coordinate less than 97.9W

I am happy to run any tests necessary to help resolve this issue.

-Cap
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:51 pm   

That is correct. The way AC handles coordinates is with landblock numbers (you can see those using /loc). Most of the low landblock numbers (which are those on the west edge of the map) are used for dungeons and other internal locations. So, tracking gets difficult in those areas. It looks like AC is now using some of these "dedicated" landblock groups for other purposes, like new islands. But since it doesn't follow the "normal" coordinate decoding scheme, there isn't much I can do about it I'm afraid.
Kirika

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:31 am   

Can't you distinguish those by whether one is inside or outside?

I'm also having the same problem on Caul. For me, it would be better to have AC Explorer track me incorrectly when I'm in a mansion basement than losing tracking information when I'm hunting on Caul.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:51 pm   

I have not determine any way to tell from the block number whether it is inside or outside, sorry.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: