Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
-Sorbitol-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:16 am   

Multiline Trigger

Alright, I've got triggers to auto-list players into specific race/org/guild lists, but some players have excessivly large titles and they are spready over 2 lines, and I am trying to figure out how to get the trigger to continue matching over those two line.

Heres an example trigger pattern: ^{@titles|}(%x)%4the %2, %3 Clan Liorinin

Heres an example output from the mud:
----------------------------------------] Players [---------------------------------------
Lady Voice Lia'Ve the Omniscient Wizard of the Ethereal Cosmos, West Wind of Clan
(8 spaces)Liorinin.
-----------------> There are forty eight players in the Realms right now. <-----------------

Any way to get it to keep going onto the second line?(spaces between start of second line and first word is always 8)
-Sorbitol-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:29 am   

I got bored and split it into two triggers, first one that got the name and a second which just looked for 'Lio'.

If anyone knows how to do multi-line triggers, or knows if its even possible, please post though.
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:33 am   

Sure, you can do multiline triggers, but I can't think of one that would do what you want. But for future reference:
#trigger {FirstlinePattern$Secondlinepattern} {commands}

From the look of it, you should probably be able to change your pagesize on your mud. Set it to max and have Zmud do the wordwrapping for you.
Bromax
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:58 am   

Having trouble with the multiline trigger I need it to recognize:
A deer panics, and attempts to flee!
A deer leaves north.

I have:
@target panics, and attempts to flee!$@target leaves (%*).

@target is correctly set to "a deer"

I get nothing...any help?
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:24 am   

As this topic doesn't deal with your issue, you might be better off in the future creating a new topic instead of replying to an existing one that is only slightly similar (perhaps including a link back to the old topic if warranted).

That said, your problem may be that the fleeing line ends in one or more spaces. Also, multi-state triggers are generally preferred to multiline triggers as zMUD has to do more work to match multiline triggers. Oh, and %* is not necessary anymore as * matches everything since 6.65 and before that, the improper use of %* (as you have here) could create security issues where people could make you execute arbitrary commands. Since the text to match there seems to just be a direction, I've changed it to %w.

See if this works:

#TRIGGER {@target panics, and attempts to flee!} {#NOOP}
#COND {@target leaves (%w).} {#SAY Matched} {within|param=1}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: