Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:38 am   

Fatal Error: cannot open databases in directory

Fatal Error: cannot open databases in directory: C:ZMUD

I get this every time I try to run zmud and it stops it from loading. I'm using 7.03 and windows xp pro. Its worked up until recently, I did just reinstall windows so I dont know if that affected it. I've tried uninstalling zmud and re-installing, didnt work though.

thanks,
James
mule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:22 am   

Unistalled and reinstalled a few times more and it worked, dunno what that was about
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:31 pm   

Out of interest Mule I *think* used to get this error a while back (or one very similar) and all I did to fix the problem was run chkdsk and zMUD ran fine after that, so I just figured it was the HDD playing silly buggers and chkdsk cleared it.

-G-
phillip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:23 pm   

same thing is happening to me too, tried reinstalling 3 times so far, ill try some more.was working fine untill today.
xenapan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:59 pm   

i just got this problem as well on 7.05... well really i had a corrupted database error in 7.03 so i just finished relinking my mud files to my characters... then today i get to school and the new version has gone >_< does anyone have any idea how to stop this from happening? cause twice in two days isnt my idea of fun and ive got so many characters it takes a good 3-4 hours or so to reset everything back to the way it was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: