Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fewyn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:04 pm   

zMUD is acting weird on me

Ok I just reformated and reinstalled everything.... now when I mud on my mud I get these stupid links for everything EVERYWHERE on exits names and everything..... I turned off MXP in the mud for myself and MXP off in zMUD but I get stuff like this

Normal:
The land is lit up by the eerie light of the waxing three quarter moon.
You have reached the Deosil Gate which will take you north out of Ankh-Morpork or south into King's Way and Endless Street. Through the gate you can see the open plains and mountains in the far distance. A sign has been embedded in the ground.
It is a slightly chilly secundus summer's night with almost no wind and a beautifully clear sky.
There are two obvious exits: south and north.
A helpful street urchin and a city guard are standing here.

MXP Off in Game:

The land is lit up by the eerie light of the waxing three quarter moon.<BR>You have reached the Deosil Gate which will take you north out of Ankh-Morpork or south into King's Way and Endless Street. Through the gate you can see<BR>the open plains and mountains in the far distance. A sign has been embedded in the ground.<BR>It is a slightly chilly secundus summer's night with almost no wind and a beautifully clear sky.<BR>There are two obvious exits: south and north.<BR>A helpful street urchin and a city guard are standing here.<BR>>

MXP Off in zMUD Only:

The land is lit up by the eerie light of the waxing three quarter moon.<BR><RoomDesc>You have reached the Deosil Gate which will take you north out of Ankh-Morpork or south into King's Way and Endless Street. Through the gate you can see the open plains and mountains in the far distance. A sign has been embedded in the ground.<BR>It is a slightly chilly secundus summer's night with almost no wind and a beautifully clear sky.<BR></RoomDesc><RoomExits><EXPIRE Exits>There are two obvious exits: <Exit>south</Exit> and <Exit>north</Exit>.</RoomExits><BR>A helpful street urchin and a city guard are standing here.<BR><BR>>

MXP Off in both:

The land is lit up by the eerie light of the waxing three quarter moon.<BR>You have reached the Deosil Gate which will take you north out of Ankh-Morpork or south into King's Way and Endless Street. Through the gate you can see<BR>the open plains and mountains in the far distance. A sign has been embedded in the ground.<BR>It is a slightly chilly secundus summer's night with almost no wind and a beautifully clear sky.<BR>There are two obvious exits: south and north.<BR>A helpful street urchin and a city guard are standing here.<BR>>

I would be very happy if someone could help me fix this as it is becoming VERY annoying.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:20 pm   

It looks like you have changed one of the debugging prefs to the debugging mode. Possibilities include, but are not limited to, Emulate Control Codes and Debug MXP.

Best recommendation: See the Help for each page in Prefs and change everything back to the default prefs.
Fewyn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:12 pm   

Everything is set to the defaults.
Fewyn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:33 am   

Any help PLEASE?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:09 am   

It is clear that the MUD is sending the <BR> tag regardless of whether it's in MXP mode or not. This is a problem in the MUD's implementation of MXP, and has nothing to do with zMUD.

Since you don't get the results you want with MXP off in both zMUD and the MUD, and you also don't get the results you want with it on in one and off in the other, perhaps you should try with it on in both.
Fewyn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:56 pm   

Hmm.... but in older versions of zMUD I did not have this problem with this mud.
Dungeon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:33 pm   

I have no problems with 6.62 on the same MUD, have you tried reinstalling zMUD?

Best I can really think of.

Dungeon
Fewyn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:37 am   

Yes i guess it was a problem with the beta I think.... but not sure what was going on but I went back to 6.62 and it works nicely
Toetag
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:27 am   

this happens on my mud as well. We have to turn off Peublo support and the game goes back to normal.
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:20 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Toetag

this happens on my mud as well. We have to turn off Peublo support and the game goes back to normal.

I believe zMUD's implementation of Pueblo translates it into MXP tags. So if the MXP part of zMUD is disabled, I believe Pueblo wouldn't show up correctly. I do not play on an MXP or Pueblo enhanced MUD so this is just off of the top of my head, however.

So it is quite possible that the MUD is implementing MXP correctly but when zMUD tells it that it has it disabled, it tries Pueblo instead which zMUD will attempt to do but cannot since MXP is disabled. I don't remember if there is a negotiation protocol for Pueblo like there is for MXP but if there is, it's possible that zMUD is saying it supports Pueblo when MXP is disabled and that would be a bug.

In any case, if you enabled MXP, you can selectively disable the elements that you don't like. Click the Prefs button, click the + next to MXP, go to Elements, click on the System tab and uncheck the entry for the <a> element and that for the <send> element (the entries in the list will likely begin with "<a (href hint" and "<send (href hint"). That should eliminate hyperlinks. Now, if the MUD does implement MXP correctly, it should query zMUD with a SUPPORT tag and only send things that zMUD says it will support. If this is the case, the hyperlinks will disappear. If not (and the MUD server is implementing MXP incorrectly), you will get a mass of ugly tags instead :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: