Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Hilton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:19 pm   

zMapper and zMud not playing together?

I'm currently using zMud 6.62 and am trying out zMapper 1.20.
I read that zMapper works as a plugin for zMud, updating/replacing the mapper? Or at the very least, that zMud would display zMapper enhancements?
Now, am I interpreting this wrong somehow? I have not been able to get them to work together, at all!
I've made changes to my existing zMud maps in zMapper, only to find that said changes (ie. bitmaps, shapes, text/room types, etc etc etc - everything unique to zMapper) do not display in zMud. Also, in attempting to load some of the zMapper sample maps in zMud, they are all blank.

I'm very confused, considering I've read numerous times in the help files that "it will display exactly the same in zMud".

Please help!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:55 pm   

In zMUD, go to your Plugin menu and make sure the "zMapper" plugin is enabled. zMUD automatically looks for zMapper on your system to enable this plugin. If this plugin has the checkbox next to it enabled, then the zMUD mapper will display things just like the zMapper displays them.

But you need to be careful if you are running zMUD and zMapper at the same time. When they are sharing the same database file, you need to run zMapper from within zMUD if you want zMUD to see the changes you make to the map and update them.

To do this, open your map first in zMUD. Then go to Map Mode. If the zMapper plugin is enabled, you should see a new "Edit" button show up in the zMUD mapper toolbar. Click that Edit button to open zMapper for editing the map.

Otherwise, if you don't use the Edit button, you need to close zMapper before you open zMUD if you want zMUD to see the changes you have made to the map.

Finally, you might try using the 6.66 beta version of zMUD. The mapper used in zMapper 1.2 is newer than the mapper used in zMUD 6.62.
Hilton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:01 am   

Thanks, the plugin thing was the problem.
This should really be mentioned in the help files and/or installation faq(s)...and if it is, a little more prominently. I searched dozens of times and couldn't find an answer. (And I never noticed that Plugins menu in zMud :( )
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:26 am   

Actually, the really wierd thing is that zMUD is supposed to *automatically* enable the zMapper plugin the first time. So, unless you found the plugin menu and disabled it, it should always be enabled, which is why I didn't worry about people not finding it. So I need to figure out how it got disabled in the first place.
detta_ven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:39 pm   

Hmm, I actually had the same problem, couldn't work out why zmud wouldn't show zmapper alterations... until I came here that is. Never touched the plugins before though :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: