Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:25 pm   

When up is east! (Mapper question)

I'm from the same mud as Elariel and Langor so anything they say should apply here to generally.

In one are of the mud I play things get complicated where when you go up, it doesn't actually go up, it takes you east (and likewise down takes you back west).

I've tried handling this with custom exits >u>e and >d>w and merging the rooms together (not all of them bet next to each other. This doesn't work when I use either e,w or u,d. The mapper won't follow in either case.

If mapping is turned on it starts making exits on other levels. Any suggestions? Any way to turn of the automatic u/d directions?
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:44 pm   

Hi Switch,

I take it that the rooms which you are referring to are the rooms in the upper levels of Moria around the 7th and 8th hall etc?

If so, it's a bit of a pain to map, but the way I did it was before moving (there was a lot of turn off mapper, go check, come back, turn on mapper) I manually created a blank room and did the link between the two rooms, (removing the existing u/d direction from the mapper created room, so only the link I created was there) then moved into the next room, clicked on the 'look/glance' button in the automapper to load a room name and other directions into the room and it worked fine. It can be a bit awkward in some of the rooms because of the auto-attacking NPC's that cut about that level, but it's doable. :)

Now if I could just get a couple of hours in mordor without being random pkilled...

HTH

-G-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: