Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:24 pm   

Lost Registration Code Policy Change

Due to continued abuse of our willingness to email lost registration codes to customers, we can no longer do this.

Instructions for retrieving your registration code from the eLicense database on your computer are given in the Support/Lost Registration Code page. If you are unable to retrieve your license and have lost your original registration code Email receipt, you will need to purchase a new registration code.

PLEASE follow the instructions given in your registration code receipt and SAVE THIS INFORMATION in safe place or print it out. If you lose your registration code or have it stolen, you will need to purchase a new code.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:06 am   

this is a crock!!! I just wrote a bunch of hate mail to you and deleted it. I feel better now. Why not just charge them a retrieaval fee? The main reason I have been such a fan of yours is that you backed your product. What happened to you?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:48 am   

Er dude... this post is from four years ago and Zugg always stands behind his product. And as mentioned in this thread if you email sales at Zuggsoft dot com then they can probably help you.

I've had that problem at least once in the past and they were very kind about helping.

Thanks for not send the hate mail, and hopefully after you email them you will have a positive resolution. Also if you remember your original store login and have access to the email address associated with it you can retrieve it that way. Good luck.

Note: I am a about to present a counterpoint. It's not a flame and I don't want a flame war. Please discontinue reading if you do not want to hear a counterpoint.

1. As mentioned this post is from 4 years ago you could just ask if the policy has changed. zMUD doesn't even use eLicense any more.
2. If you don't have a receipt and lost the original why should you get it emailed to you? It's like asking for new keys to a four year old car when you don't have the registration info. I can't think of another industry (or even another software company} where this may apply.
3. Why not consider the "retrieval fee" the cost of a new subscription?

End counterpoint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:58 pm   

As Tech points out, this thread is 4 years old. At that point people were abusing the retrieval system to the point that I couldn't keep up.

Since then we have implemented new licensing and a new system that allows customers to retrieve their own codes up to once per month.

If you look under the support menu you will see instructions for retrieving an up to date reg code. If you need further assistance you are welcome to fill out a support ticket.

Chiara
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:03 pm   

Locking this thread because a new policy has been in place for quite some time.
Chiara
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: